Can anyone summarize this recently viral Argentinian video about SL?

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was browsing SL stuff on YT as usual, then noticed this Spanish-speaking youtuber which gained quite a lot of traction on his SL videos. At first I thought it was because he's an authority figure on a particular foreign SL community, but when I visited his YT page, it turned out he only started producing SL videos about a week ago, and apparently only signed up around that time as well.

Then I dug deeper and found out that the sudden hype apparently originated from another guy, a prominent Argentinian YouTuber who made a video about SL. So I checked the video out but couldn't really deduce what it's all about. Can anyone who speaks Spanish please explain what the video is about? I'm a little bit curious because the video has this "SL is a super mysterious place with super secretive cults and culture in it" vibe lol

This guy starts telling in his video, that there's the "Deep web", where all sort of crime and depravation has place. But then, (and though he conceedes that there's some nice places, people and activities in SL,) eventually smarter criminals resorted to SL to enjoy all their pervertions. (Pedo, sadistic murders, etc) And that there's no control or law whatsoever in SL to watch and punish such people. All of this narrated in a "Preacher of the doom" style, so to speak

Well, this is a very resumed translation of the meaning of the video. Quite idiotic video, far from reality IMO, but whatever,it's only my opinion.

I concur with Jasmyn Vaher and have to add this guy is a huge conspiracy loon. He's over acting to add urgency to his performance so the casual listener will be hooked by his authoritative style. He's throwing together all the boogie-men button issues into this with a special emphasis on Pedophile activities and the role that enabling technologies like the virtual world that the

EVIL LINDEN LAB

provides where all sorts of non-human role playing can occur much of which is driven by sexual and deviant desires. [cue the images of cannibalism, torture, abandonment, gore, empty streets, the white X on buildings where the infecting corpses has been identified, lonely woman with child]

He also speaks of the many jobs that the deprived hold in SL. Clearly meeting places for those with common depravities to meet up.

It seems like the video was shot in one of the immediate post-apocalyptic regions [Virus or Zombie affected or both] that RPers love to do survival battle in.

I especially Love the flashes of warning like

The Ulterior Secrets of SL

I think he's actually looking for people [concerned followers] to link to his other FB and Twitter sites. I guess SL is really the home of the Dark Web!

Of course the narrator is ignoring the fact that the Dark Web operates on an invitational mode only since it's own DNS servers that are well hidden and you have to have creds to access them and it. 

There goes 10 minutes i'll never get back

Carry on.

Excellent explanation.I wish I was able to convey the meaning of the video this  clearly. Also, there's a point in which the narrator states that  that horror-movie-like clown is following him, and never answering his IM's. Which the video creator fails to tell is that such clown is most likely a  bot, or even a mesh toy, part of the roleplay decoration at that sim....or in the best of cases, one of the many harmless idiots running loose in SL, or simply, a friend or alt of himself, put  there for "dramatic" purposes

Anyway, he manages to distort pretty well which SL really is. Quite a few of the people watching the video  go asking him in the comments, if this game is only to be found in the  deep web. And most important, he fails to explain that SL HAS TOS and rules, and it does abide to law, and that underage people are not allowed  in  adult areas and that, of course, paedophilia is an enormous NO-NO in SL, with legal consequences for the offenders

Lame sensationalism at its best. As KarenMichelle says, a waste of 10 minutes of time

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.