Beta Grid?

Londyn8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the time it took to post that you could have answered.

And yes there is a beta grid. On most viewers there is a pull down to for your grid. It's on the splash/starting page for your viewer. You just choose the beta there. You will need to search for a sandbox to build in though. Where you drop in isn't a sand box, at least it hasn't been in my experience.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

In the time it took to post that you could have answered.

I did answer.

We often do not receive the answers we think we need or want, but the one that gets provided will sometimes be the most appropriate for us.

As is the case here.

Rather than reinforcing this person's, and other's, incompetence, allowing them to remain perpetually unable to function for themselves, which provides you and others here their self-esteem boost at their expense, I provide them with the ability to develop independence and self-reliance, enhancing their competence and allowing them to derive their self-esteem from their sense of accomplsihment and achievement rather than having to rely on others to provide them with that, by not being a burden on others with their indolence and ignorance.

That is why it is better to teach a man, or woman, to fish.

Londyn8 wrote:

*Problem solved thanks to Bobbie and Arton...thanks again* :smileywink:

It's extremely unhelpful to remove the question once it has been answered. 

Some people are capable of searching the forums when they have a question. If you leave the question up, anyone searching in the future could benefit from the answer without having to ask again.

Kelli May wrote:

Londyn8 wrote:

Some people are capable of searching the forums when they have a question. If you leave the question up, anyone searching in the future could benefit from the answer without having to ask again.

The person in question is not interested in anything but themselves Kelli. Like most of the others who come in here posting their simple questions in a simple-minded fashion.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

Londyn8 wrote:

The person in question is not interested in anything but themselves Kelli. Like most of the others who come in here posting their simple questions in a simple-minded fashion.

Clearly. But, there's always hope that they (or possibly others reading this) will pick up the hints over time.

Kelli May wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

Londyn8 wrote:

Clearly. But, there's always hope that they (or possibly others reading this) will pick up the hints over time.

Unlike the 'hope' that they usually express in the preface to their questions that " i hopes that im postinggg this in the rite place".

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Unlike the 'hope' that they usually express in the preface to their questions that " i hopes that im postinggg this in the rite place".

It's not the 'hopes' that exasperate me, it's the 'needs'.

"I need L$200 for this car, how can I get it?"

"I need this hair, where can I buy it?"

Kelli May wrote:

Londyn8 wrote:

It's totally understandable that the OP would give pu in disgust, given that LL has chosen to weclome the troll and bully behavior in this forum. It's clearly time to archive and close the section, if they can't be bothered to control it.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

Londyn8 wrote:

It's totally understandable that the OP would give pu in disgust, given that LL has chosen to weclome the troll and bully behavior in this forum. It's clearly time to archive and close the section, if they can't be bothered to control it.

The OP did not give up in disgust cerise. 

Stop Trolling!

Kelli May wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

It's not the 'hopes' that exasperate me, it's the 'needs'.

"I need L$200 for this car, how can I get it?"

"I need this hair, where can I buy it?"

Yes, like any prepubescent child confusing want and need, thinking they are one and the same.

You may want what you need but rarely need what you want.

Not everyone has good searching skills. To use the answer section, you have to know what question to ask. I've used it and asked what i thought was a straightforward question and nothing. I've had to rephrase several times to get an answer out of it. So, the player comes to the forum to ask a question of those that are more experienced. Instead of help, some have chosen to be boorish and snarky.

SL is like a huge store. Many times I've gone in looking for something and it's not where I expect it to be but someplace where I'd least expect it. For instance, where are the marshmallows in your store? Some have them with candy, some have them with the hot chocolate mixes, some have them with the baking stuff. Where are the jars of Better than Boullion (I much prefer this to boullion cubes for sauces)? Some have it with the gravy mixes, some have it with the instant soups, some have it with the canned soups. You've looked where you expect it to be, can't find it soooo, you ask an employee at the store. They show you or tell you, they don't point you to the store directory and tell you to find it that way.

So, get over yourself.

I removed the question from here because it was posted and correctly answered in another forum without all the insults and unneccessary rudeness. So I deleted this one, because frankly anyone searching for an answer wouldn't have found anything helpful here (and this is more directed towards other posters in this comment).

However, I see your point and will keep that in mind in the future. Thanks for the tip :matte-motes-wink:

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Not everyone has good searching skills. To use the answer section, you have to know what question to ask. I've used it and asked what i thought was a straightforward question and nothing. I've had to rephrase several times to get an answer out of it. So, the player comes to the forum to ask a question of those that are more experienced. Instead of help, some have chosen to be boorish and snarky.

SL is like a huge store. Many times I've gone in looking for something and it's not where I expect it to be but someplace where I'd least expect it. For instance, where are the marshmallows in your store? Some have them with candy, some have them with the hot chocolate mixes, some have them with the baking stuff. Where are the jars of Better than Boullion (I much prefer this to boullion cubes for sauces)? Some have it with the gravy mixes, some have it with the instant soups, some have it with the canned soups. You've looked where you expect it to be, can't find it soooo, you ask an employee at the store. They show you or tell you, they don't point you to the store directory and tell you to find it that way.

So, get over yourself.

This is the response of an excuse making enabler.

I can assure you I do not need an explanation as to why people do things.

<chuckles>

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

It's totally understandable that the OP would give
pu
in disgust, given that LL has chosen to weclome the troll and bully behavior in this forum. It's clearly time to archive and close the section, if they can't be bothered to control it.

Using euphemisms for abusive coprophilic insults (albeit very badly misspelled) is not acceptable under the Community Guidelines, Cerise, which is something I would have thought a longstanding contributor to the Technical Forum would have known, although of course this is the General Discussion forum, which has a different mandate from LL, which may be confusing you.

You may wish to note that we in GD would be delighted if all the noob questions could be relocated to the forum you frequent, so that you could be annoyed by them, rather than we who wish to use this forum as it was intended.

Rather than close the section, I call on the Community Manager to ensure that the Moderators become more proactive in relcating inappropriate threads away from GD to the sections which are willing to provide answers rather than discussion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.