Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy) linden not on avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone had this issue?  If so, has the linden at any time arrived?  I spent $24.00 on linden and it was never sent to me.  I had 8,126L on my avatar.  I purchased 7,500L for $24 at the exchange on secondlife.com and the lindens never arrived.  I should have 15,626 linden on my avatar.  Who do we contact to get this correct asap?  I used Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy).

Lord Derryth wrote:

I used 
Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy).

If you did a direct buy, check if your payment method is charged. If so, look if the accountpage shows the same as the viewer. If the viewer has a little hick up it can be out of sync with the account page.

If both are not showing the amount, ánd your payment method is billed, contact support.

The limit buy however... isn't a direct sale, in the meaning of instantly,  if nobody wants to buy at your rate you have to wait a while, or if it's off the scale you will never buy for real.

I might be wrong but for me the design of the buying page is changed, i didn't see both the buy options together this way before The limit buy was only visible in the advanced mode. Did i miss some announcement or isn't it posted?

I'm affraid if this is new, there will be lot of people getting confused what to use.

7500 for $24 is asking to buy at about 312 lindens per dollar. At this rate you will be waiting for many years, if not decades. I guess you could luck out, but the chances of someone wanting to sell at 300 when they can get 255 or so is remote.

The way limit buys work is you are asking people to sell to you at that amount. The higher the more you get but the less they make. Nobody wants to lose profit.

Right now the rate of 267 will be filled inside 30 minutes (on average) and the rate of 268 will take about 4-5 hours. 269 might take a week. Depends on the time of month.

US$24 will buy you around 6400 at 267.

Go to https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/history.php and cancel the limit buy, then resubmit at 267, and wait for a while, it should arrive. The tabel at the bottom of the buy page will show the best rate, right column, top.

if right the money will go to your USD balance, it won't get back to the paypal/skrill or CC.

You can check your balance to see if it's there. If you buy before it's back you will get billed again.

As i said in my earlier reply, it's for me the first time i see this lay out of the buying page... and it will confuse a lot more users i'm affraid.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

As i said in my earlier reply, it's for me the first time i see this lay out of the buying page... and it will confuse a lot more users i'm affraid.

Absolutely agreed there Alwin, this new page layout is bound to cause a lot of confusion, plus do weird things to the market again.

People are going to look at the two US$ amounts and go for the cheaper - it's human nature - then get annoyed when it takes a day to get their lindens.

Another typical "lets shoot ourselves in the foot" move by the lab.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.