Beggars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I went skin shopping yesterday to see if there were any new and excellent skins from my favorite designers.  When I rezzed at the first one, I immediately got an IM from a lady with the first name "Franny."  She said "don't you dare push me!" to start off the conversation.  I apologized and thought to myself "Well then you shouldn't stand at the rez point, Missy."  A short conversation ensued while I looked around.  Her next comment was; "You made your shape yourself?  That's wonderful!  Looks great!"  Hmmm...now how did she know THAT?  A few more minutes of chit-chat and then...I knew it would happen...she says; "Can I ask you a favor?"  She wanted me to give her $150L cause this was a new avatar and there was this dress she just HAD to have.  Then she just up and says; "THANK YOU!" like I had just given her some money.  I looked up at my linden balance just to make sure she didn't have some sort of device that just took money from me.  No, it was correct.  I just teleported to the next place.  As soon as I rezzed at the new place, I get an IM...

"Don't you dare push me!"  then "You made your shape yourself?  That's wonderful!  Looks great!"  OK...just went through all that.  Now I'm on to her.  Different avatar, same person obviously.  Begging for $150L.  Muted.  Teleported to the next location where I get another IM as soon as I rez...

"Don't you dare push me!" OK...what in heck is she doing?  Does she have alts at ALL the skin shops around the grid?  Muted.

So, be aware everybody that there's some person out there with alts at the skin stores that's begging everybody for $150.  I just wonder if she really makes enough to keep doing it.  

I had one of those at Truth. The instant I appeared I got a greeting (mine was at least polite), followed by compliments on my outfit choice and av shape. That made me immediately suspicious, because anyone who's been to Truth will know how long it takes for people to rez. No way had she seen enough of me to be giving genuine compliments. Within a few lines of chat she (or rather, it), got to the point... please give me some L$!

wrable Amat wrote:

It is not a person,it is bots.they stand at the landing point and send automessages to people tht tp in .

The fact is we have some people who think thier being nice and give money out in sl making this happen so much people started making begger bots.

Beggar bots.  Good god. 

/me rolls his eyes

That explains this whole thing.  Thanks, Wrable.

I toured around fifty or sixty stores and malls within a few days recently and didn't come across any begging bots so you must have been unlucky to encounter three in such quick succession. On other occasions I have met some beggars who engage in conversation then ask for money but I just mute and move on. I'm finding that begging is becoming endemic on group chats though. I had three group chats open recently within a few minutes of each other with a resident begging for money, probably same person with different alts. In one case, someone actually gave the beggar money which no doubt encouraged her to continue her begging act with other groups.

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Pain in the hootch.

I'd message the Merchant so they could ban the bot from their store AND

file an abuse report, under SPAM would be my best guess.

File an abuse report?

laughing_kitten.jpg

Didn't you know?  They consider Spam a much more serious offense than rotating cubes.  It is easier to deal with and makes it look like they are doing something!  :)

Yes someone stands at Al Vulo, when the new free skin comes out, and does that exact script. 

"Sorry I pushed you"

or

"Hey you pushed me"

then

"Great shape did you make it?"

"I love your av, can you tell me how to make mine better"

then

"I need money for brain surgery"

etc....

NEVER GIVE L$ TO A BEGGAR.

Perrie Juran wrote:

IvanTwin Rogers wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Pain in the hootch.

I'd message the Merchant so they could ban the bot from their store AND

file an abuse report, under SPAM would be my best guess.

File an abuse report?

laughing_kitten.jpg

Didn't you know?  They consider Spam a much more serious offense than rotating cubes.  It is easier to deal with and makes it look like they are doing something! 
:)

Sure the beggar spam is more important than the griefer attacks with cubes and particles emmiters for long time in the area, in Endulosa server and others with olders reports about the situation.,dont worry and be happy, I understand.

spam.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.