Bamboozled!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry don’t have time to post on my main but I got a quick question about a situiation.  With new prim boost estate owner gave people more prims but first subtracted what was on the plot like house and crap.  Example I rent 250 prims and they announce people who rent 250 prims get 100 more for free as gift for linden prim boost.  From that 100 they subtract 80 for house that THEY PLACED and give me tjh leftover 20 prims.  Does this even make sense to a human being? Trying to tell my friend she getting ripped off but shes hardheaded wont believe me.  I hate to see her taken advantage of but they come up with some bs and try to tell her that she still getting 100 prims.  Really??? I say 250 prims plus 100 free for bonus makes 350 but they say if I place over 250 im over prim limit.  Im so pissed because she wont leave and go to another place that don’t try to azz bang u.  why offer free prims at all if u can't use them? Can anybody see any logic to this sh1t and mabe make me see their side? I don’t get why she cant see th isis so obvious!!!!!!!!!

Let me get this straight. In your example, you are renting 250 prims, and the house that you said they put on it doesn't count against your 250. So that's 250 prims and the house that's there doesn't count against them. After the increase, you get an extra 20 prims, making 270 prims in total, and the house still doesn't count against them.

What's wrong with that? The landowner doesn't have to give you any extra prims. You're not entitled to any extra prims. It's not your concern that LL increased the prims for the sim. What the landowner does with the increase is entirely his/her business. You were happy to rent 250 prims for a certain price, and now you have 270 prims for the same price. That sounds like a cause for happiness to me.

Is this example based on real numbers? I ask because, like Phil, I'm not getting a clear picture of what's actually going on here, and  250 "old" prims do not become 350 "new" prims, so I can't work out which part of this example is intended to signify something.

Anyway, there's a related thread in one of the Land subforums. There's really nothing to get agitated about: if one Estate owner isn't keeping up with the competition, their tenants should simply move to a better offer.

i told this on several other posts already...

you make a mistake, you rent prims!... so you do NOT get the raise, you have a agreement with your landlord for 250, that doesn't change...

leasing 250 prims  is still leasing 250 prims after the upgrade.

You should thank your landlord if he really adds those prims as bonus!

Eden Serpente wrote:

Where I rent now the owner gave us 200 extra prims from the boost with no extra charge and no strings. Maybe that’s why I think my friends getting shafted? If its not normal for sim owner to be generous like mine then nevermind. thanks to all who replied nicely.

If your friend is getting less than what she agreed to, she is getting shafted. If she is getting more than what she agreed to, she is being gifted. If she gets exactly what she agreed to, she is getting neither shafted or gifted.

It is a free market, everyone is free to spend their money where they find the best value.

Eden Serpente wrote:

Where I rent now the owner gave us 200 extra prims from the boost with no extra charge and no strings. Maybe that’s why I think my friends getting shafted? If its not normal for sim owner to be generous like mine then nevermind. thanks to all who replied nicely.

Then you have a very kind-hearted landlord, for whom you may be thankful. Your friend's landlord is also kind-hearted, though maybe not as kind-hearted as yours, so s/he too has cause to be thankful. Nobody is being bamboozled or shafted.

thx phil. it just seemed wrong to me t promise 100 xtra prims to decorate then go an subtract the house that came with the land out of that to really leave only 20 prims for deco. youd think the landowner would just leave the house out of the prim count like it was when th house was rented since it belongs to them, or just say ur only getting 20 xtra prims out of the prim boon.  makes me appreciate my landlord much more.   but shes happy there so guess thats all that matters. just struck me as cheap to say if you are renting x amout of prims you get x amount free, then turn around and do that.

Maybe she should have explained it better to your friend, but the fact still remains she rented a certain amount of prims and then got extra that the landlord didn't have to give her at all. Maybe she just said she was giving out extra prims or that's what you friend told you and you assumed it was going to be all the extra prims.

Some estate owners and landlords are using all the extra prims that LL gave them to add landscaping, roads or common areas or otherwise improve the sim. Whether you think that's to everyone's benefit to have a nicer looking place to live or not is up to you.  But a renter is not entitled to the extra prims given to the land owner.

Your friend is happy so just leave it alone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.