BANNING IN RP SIMS

Antivia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I play on an rp sim. My main avi was banned for no reason but that isn't the thing. I have alts who are also banned from same place but had never been there, in fact some never been to that rp sim before, but when I attempted to take them I found out I couldn't get in. How is this possible? If my main avi is banned does that make all my alts also banned? 

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if it's still around but there was a banning device that many public region owners had.  If one region owner banned someone using this device, they were most likely to find themselves banned from other regions too as an auto notification about the ban was published to all region owners that owned the device.  Not the IP address but the name of the person and their offense.  The region owners had the option on the device to automatically ban that person when info was receive, however there was also an option to just receive the info and make their own minds up as to ban or not.

The other possibility is that some public region owners do talk to each other and share info on troublemakers. Not info on alts, as that's illegal, but names of people they banned and their offense.

Lastly there are region bans and estate bans.  If you are banned from one sim the estate owner does have the option to ban you from all the sims in the estate at the same time.

I'm not saying this is the case with you and your alts but there is a possibility that if your alts were banned from another region, they might be banned on this one too. 

Callum Meriman wrote:

There have been people saying that if you are estate banned then all of your alts are too.

I tested this recently on my estate and it didn't work, so it's not foolproof.

It is indeed that you can't enter with alts anymore too, it's a official feature.

After a short while the alts ban is lifted, and only the real banned avatar can't enter.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

Callum Meriman wrote:

There have been people saying that if you are estate banned then all of your alts are too.

I tested this recently on my estate and it didn't work, so it's not foolproof.

It is indeed that you can't enter with alts anymore too, it's a official feature.

After a short while the alts ban is lifted, and only the real banned avatar can't enter.

Then sadly its a feature that doesnt work. I tested this on my estate the other day with a friend and his alt, his alt was in without even blinking after his main was banned.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.