Authroized Reseller Program

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel that the authroized reseller program is a joke and a big laugh allow me to share my opinion on it.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_%28L$%29_Authorized_Reseller_Program

The only reason I feel they added the authroized Reseller list was becuase of Big Estate companies and people who make L$ in Second Life, many of them likely told Linden Lab they would quit if they couldn't sell their L$ anymore but here is what is really happening in my opinion cant be proven but use some common sense and not like LL is going to do anything.

Big Estate Companies like the Anshe Chun, are just collecting L$ off of users who pay tier on the many Estates they have, but almost every Estate Company does it, they charge a little bit more than the actual cost of the sim if you do the math parcel and calculations, then they take that L$ from all the renters and sell it to users throguh third parties like PayPal to make more profit aka avoiding the Linden Lab cash out fee then use that money to pay for their tiers its a simple concept.

Cashing Out Restriction is a joke.

Seriously it doesn't matter what TOS Linden Lab throws up there players can still cash out through any third party site or transaction method if they wish nothing is going to stop me and my friend for example going over to my neighbors house hey I got 40k to sell you I give you $100 for it right now it will happen no matter what.

Linden Lab Concern Fraud?

The reason fraud happens is becuase of the amount of hacked viewers going around, and Hacking Second Life accounts, or who knows maybe even the user themselves commiting fraud on banks and credit card companies by using a LAP TOP + Free WiFi + MAC Spoofer/hacked client to overdraw their bank account VIA paypal for example and launder the money out, the problem with this is that Linden Lab needs to introduce security to players accounts, not be restricting transaction cashouts.

Cash-Outs should be put in the TOS as a legal disclaimer at a users own risk aka you do the trade and if the L$ is bad you have to pay the fee for accepting bad L$ all this does in general is hurt legit players who use third party services to cash out and such.

I understand Fraud, & account hacking  very clear, but I also understand what the users of Second Life want the freedom to do as they wish while having Secure accounts, and I suggest going with IP Verification of accounts and so on like Guild Wars 2 instead of restricting transactions 100% aka not allowing users to cash out their L$ through third party sites because its still going to happen no matter what go to google and search Second Life GOLD,  you will see there are lots of third party sites that allow you to sell your L$  to them is it legal per TOS no but it doesn't matter ot them its going to happen anyways.

Perhaps Third Party Sellers will end up coming up with a new cash-out system.

Reading the article it says a person can't cash out a persons L$ that would mean that Linden Lab would have to remove the ability to give away money in Second Life all together lol, but instead of a reseller giving money they could just give them website credits or tokens worth the amount and then legally allow someone to casho ut circumventing the TOS because of the way its stated in this.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_%28L$%29_Authorized_Reseller_Program

New Methods for PHISHERS, and unaware people.

Yeah Linden Lab you just gave a new way for people to commit fraud by putting this authroized seller list out I am sure that out of every Second Life user there will be one sucker who gives out credit card information, or gets scammed by a third party seller because they are unware of the list or new to Second Life or something.

This whole TOS  just makes everything very complicated, but hey then again I bet a lot of the Real Estate  companies would have issues with Linden Lab had they not have turned on the light bulb,  and said hey let us quickly make them happy by making an authroized reseller list, yeah...

GothGirl Demonia wrote:

I feel that the authroized reseller program is a joke and a big laugh
allow me
to share my opinion on it.

I haven't seen yet anyone give you permission to share your opinion so I skipped reading it.

GothGirl Demonia wrote:

The only reason I feel they added the authroized Reseller list was becuase of Big Estate companies and people who make L$ in Second Life, many of them likely told Linden Lab they would quit if they couldn't sell their L$ anymore but here is what is really happening in my opinion cant be proven but use some common sense and not like LL is going to do anything.

Big Estate Companies like the Anshe Chun, are just collecting L$ off of users who pay tier on the many Estates they have, but almost every Estate Company does it, they charge a little bit more than the actual cost of the sim if you do the math parcel and calculations, then they take that L$ from all the renters and sell it to users throguh third parties like PayPal to make more profit aka avoiding the Linden Lab cash out fee then use that money to pay for their tiers its a simple concept.

You are very far off the mark, I am an estate owner, no where near Anshe but the princeple is the same.

it is far cheaper to sell the L$ on Lindex if you are going to use it to pay tier because the route trough a TPE and paypall just adds extra costs. nobody works for free.

one thing Anshe did that reduced cost was selling her profit L$ on her own exchange, she can nolonger do that now but no other estate owner took this route becouse few others make enough profit to make it worth while

GothGirl Demonia wrote:

I feel that the authroized reseller program is a joke and a big laugh allow me to share my opinion on it.

Cashing Out Restriction is a joke.

Seriously it doesn't matter what 
TOS 
Linden Lab throws up there players can still cash out through any third party site or transaction method if they wish nothing is going to stop me and my friend for example going over to my neighbors house hey I got 40k to sell you I give you $100 for it right now it will happen no matter what.

Linden Lab Concern 
Fraud?

The reason fraud happens is becuase of the amount of hacked viewers going around, and Hacking Second Life accounts, or who knows maybe even the user themselves commiting fraud on banks and credit card companies by using a LAP TOP + Free WiFi + MAC Spoofer/hacked client to overdraw their bank account VIA paypal for example and launder the money out, the problem with this is that Linden Lab needs to introduce security to players accounts, not be restricting transaction cashouts.

Cash-Outs should be put in the 
TOS
as a legal disclaimer at a users own risk aka you do the trade and if the L$ is bad you have to pay the fee for accepting bad L$ all this does in general is hurt legit players who use third party services to cash out and such.

I understand 
Fraud, & account hacking

very clear, but I also understand what the users of Second Life want the freedom to do as they wish while having Secure accounts, and I suggest going with IP Verification of accounts and so on like Guild Wars 2 instead of restricting transactions 100% aka not allowing users to cash out their L$ through third party sites because its still going to happen no matter what 
go to google and search Second Life GOLD, 
you will see there are lots of third party sites that allow you to sell your 
L$

to them is it legal per 
TOS 
no but it doesn't matter ot them its going to happen anyways.

Perhaps Third Party Sellers will end up coming up with a new cash-out system.

Reading the article it says a person can't cash out a persons L$ that would mean that Linden Lab would have to remove the ability to give away money in Second Life all together lol, but instead of a reseller giving money they could just give them website credits or tokens worth the amount and then legally allow someone to casho ut circumventing the TOS because of the way its stated in this.

New Methods for PHISHERS, and unaware people.

Yeah Linden Lab you just gave a new way for people to commit fraud by putting this authroized seller list out I am sure that out of every Second Life user there will be one sucker who gives out credit card information, or gets scammed by a third party seller because they are unware of the list or new to Second Life or something.

This whole 
TOS 
just makes everything very complicated, but hey then again I bet a lot of the 
Real Estate 
companies would have issues with Linden Lab had they not have turned on the 
light bulb, 
and said hey let us quickly make them happy by making an authroized reseller list, yeah...

You are far off the mark on this. 

LL does not allow TP's to buy L's due to the new regulations.  They are required to monitor keep records of and report on cash outs over a modest amount.  By restricting cash outs to LL only this allows them to do this for all L's sold and cuts way back on any chance of money laundering since all major amounts cashed out now have to be reported to the Treasury Dept.  Money launderes will no longer find L's attractive to use for their illegal activity as they want ot cash out amounts in large enough amounts that they will fall under the reporting requirement.  Obviously merchants who cash out large amounts have records to show how they earned the money so have no reason to fear the treasury dept's scrutiny. 

Yes, there may be some black market activity in selling L's but this program states clearly that it is against the TOS.  So participating in a black market deal you run the risk of not only losing your L's but getting banned to.  I won't be at all suprised if they now update the TOS to make this crystal clear.  As of right now, you buy L's from TP's at your own risk too so if you are phished it is your own fault.  LL can not be responsible for the stupidity of people that take risks, nor are they responsible if you choose to give any info to a TP.  Anyone using SL is old enough ot make their own decisions about this and LL can not hold their hands like children.  People are responsible for educating themselves about risks on the internet.

Resellers or any business are not allowed to buy L's for anything.  So they will not be offering althernatives for cash period or they will be booted out of the program.  It is also not legal under the TOS,  as businesses must follow all directives LL may issue from time to time under section 2.4. 

TP's not in the program must still rely on SL software to buy and sell L's because the only way to tx L's is through SL and avatar to avatar. I am sure LL will ban any avatars that are used for this upon finding out.

No estate companies buy L's only sell them, including Anshe Chung.

Yes, people want to do as they please and make their own decisions.  However the new regulation don't allow LL to tolerate it by allowing them to use SL software for unapproved activities.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.