Assessment: New Search

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having about the same number of MP sales, but what I am selling now, what shows up on my store page, is very different than before. For years it has been full of mesh and part mesh houses, kitchens, dining sets, living rooms, etc. -- now it is a lot of  individual furniture pieces, several really old (but cheap) furniture sets, a few mesh sets, a couple houses. No longer is my store page a showcase of my best products. 

Clearly the algorithm has changed to reward number of sales without regard to price -- in the past evidently total revenue generated by sales of a product was counted. Now, just number of sales? Yes, I have old stuff I have always sold a lot of, which sometimes showed on my front page, but not more than one at a time. 

I don't often shop, so I don't know how gatcha are affected. But they must be benefiting by higher weighting of inexpensive things, compared to old search. I assume that this somehow means higher overall sales for the whole market? Surely LL is monitoring that. 

Wish they would learn from Amazon. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.