Age and Voice Verify

Bobc49

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

steph Arnott wrote:

I would tell you to get lost if i was asked that, if people come to SL for a relationship then GOD help them.

My kids call me that.

GOD.

Grumpy Old Dad.

I wouldn't help people have a relationship in SL.

In fact, I discourage people from having them in RL.

The disappointment is longer-term and the consequences more costly.

• 3 months later...

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

LeeHere Absent wrote:

... that someone has heard them in voice and will back up the claim that they sound like whatever they say they sound like in voice.

Hmm, yeah...about that someone hearing them, and then backing up their claim, as to what they sound like in voice.  I'd be careful there missy. 

I'm not sure what you mean.

LeeHere Absent wrote:

LeeHere Absent wrote:

... that someone has heard them in voice and will back up the claim that they sound like whatever they say they sound like in voice.

Hmm, yeah...about that someone hearing them, and then backing up their claim, as to what they sound like in voice.  I'd be careful there missy. 

Well, you and I, and some others had just all spoken together on voice inworld.  Remember? 

The issue of "age" verifying is one being discussed in this thread.  I heard you on voice. So, I know that a voice cannot verify age.  

LeeHere Absent wrote:

Bobc49 wrote:

Ok I see every once in awhile in a person profile that they are Aged and voice verify is this something Linden Laps do or this a privet person doing this and is there such a thing as being age & voice verified?

I think for many people this means age verified in the sense that they have done what is required with Linden Lab to visit Adult land in Second Life (for me it was a credit card and self-reported DOB) and that someone has heard them in voice and will back up the claim that they sound like whatever they say they sound like in voice.  There are groups, like "Joe's Verified Voicers," in which people will voice with each other and then allow each other to join the group and use that group as a reference.  I have been part of such groups myself.  
It's more than nothing and less than real life with an ob/gyn or doctor's certification.  Regardless it's still the internet.

LeeHere Absent wrote:

LeeHere Absent wrote:

Well, you and I, and some others had just all spoken together on voice inworld.  Remember? 

The issue of "age" verifying is one being discussed in this thread.  I heard
you
on voice. So, I know that a voice cannot verify age.  

@ Celestiall:  Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification. I think my confusion came, in part, from thinking my own warning about relying on such things was stronger than it apparently actually was (Regardless it's still the internet.)  and also that I had something I needed to be more careful about since I tend to think I'm pretty careful.

@ Anyone who is remotely interested:  I'm in my 40s, but Celestiall says I sound extremely youthful in voice. So there's a kind of warning for ya.  

:matte-motes-wink:

LeeHere Absent wrote:

I'm often told I sound like a loud and juvenile version of Elaine Benis from Seinfeld.

You do sound young!   I was ready to check your ID at the virtual door young lady!  haha

For those who are curious about voices....I'll be reading in voice today, at 2 PM SLT.  See notices in the "Adult" section.  ; )

Perrie Juran wrote:

LeeHere Absent wrote:

I'm often told I sound like a loud and juvenile version of Elaine Benis from Seinfeld.

:D

When I sing I've been told I sound like a cross between Bob Dylan and a dieing dog.

I sound like a cross  between Richard Burton and Martin Luther King.

But then, they're dead.

© The Judge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.