Affected by a SL AO syndrome ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Helen Quirina wrote:

Have I to be worried  ?  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

VERY! And you should be even more worried that you feel the appropriate response to this is to publish your problems on these forums.

***Psychological problems relating to difficulties in distinguishing fantasy from reality should be dealt with by professionals***

Helen Quirina wrote:

Hi everybody,

I discovered myselft imitating in RealLife my AVI AO movements :matte-motes-agape:

Is this happening to someone else ? ....  Have I to be worried  ?  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I have a "Fall Through the Ground" animation that has me flailing during the fall...

He ...then climbing out of the hole I punch in the ground on impact. Should I ever fall out of the sky in RL (absent a parachute), I sure hope I can imitate the entire animation, particularly climbing out of the hole.

If I was in a conversation with someone in RL, and found myself posing like this...

Intimidating Maddy.jpg

...I wouldn't worry. I chose my AO to reflect my personality and I both wear Fedoras and cross my arms like that in RL.

But, if I was in public and found myself trying to do this...

Flying Cougar.jpg

...I'd be worried.

It all depends.

;-).

Come on Bobbie... are you trying to tell us in your RL you pose in that way we see in your picture ?

Crossed legs with the right arm behind your head and with the left arm extended that way ? :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

..... confess..... you're also affected by SLAO syndrome :smileyvery-happy:

Helen Quirina wrote:

Hi everybody,

I discovered myselft imitating in RealLife my AVI AO movements :matte-motes-agape:

Is this happening to someone else ? ....  Have I to be worried  ?  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I believe the answer to your second question is entirely contingent upon the AO you use.  I use two... a regular, everyday one and a drunken one.  I find that I emulate the latter more often than the former... in which case, I'm quite sure I've nothing about which to worry.

...Dres

Helen Quirina wrote:

Hi everybody,

I discovered myself imitating in RealLife my AVI AO movements :matte-motes-agape:

RE: Your 1st question, not really - However I ended up getting an AO that walks lot like I do in RL when wearing high heels. I guess that is the RL experience dictating to me what is aesthetically pleasing in SL.

Now after several years in SL I do have dreams where my avatar friends are equally intermixed with my real life friends in my mental gatherings.

LlewLlwyd wrote:

MIXING
up rl and sl? That's almost the definition of schizophrenia.

***This forum is not the place to discuss mental illness***

I thought that was what this Forum is all about........

Or is it just a place where the mentally ill post?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.