Adding Paypal doesn't work

Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I have issues to add a Paypal adress to my SL account.

Paypal account status:

5 years old and works

verified

connected with bank accounnt

cash balance on it

Well, each time I press the "add a paypal account" button in my SL account I get linked to a page that wants me to add a bank account.

Paypal support told me: Linden wants to charge my Paypal account with 1 USD and asks at the same, if a mininum balance of 25 USD is available. Actually there is more than 25 USD available.

According Paypal for unknown reasons this balance seems to be ignored and therefore the Linden request doesn't go throught. They cannot say why. Neither can the Linden support. Anyone has an idea perhaps?

Unfortunately I deleted my old, but working Paypal adress from my Second Life account before it was sure that the new account would work. However, I even can't put back the old one.

We have no access to your account records to be able to see what is going wrong. You should contact billing to answer your questions.

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance
The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

If you cannot use one of these phone numbers contact Live Chat if you are a premium member or file a support ticket

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for your reply. :) You advice me to contact the Linden support after I wrote in my post that the Linden support couldn't find out what's going wrong?

My post is adressed to SL residents which use Paypal and had to deal with simliar issues.

With Paypal and Linden support I had already long chats.

But I will try the German phone number also. Thank you for posting it. :)

Hi. You may want to re-read my post. Especially this part:

"They cannot say why. Neither can the Linden support. Anyone has an idea perhaps?"

Please note, the fact that anyone has just a few forum posts doesn't to automatically mean that he is a noob without clue. Actually I have other things to do than to hang out in forums. :)

I posted my problem detailed and in hope for help. Simple advices without to read the details which I posted are not very helpful. Sorry. .

Calm down Doc. AS you are not a newbie you know that there are many types and levels of support. You mentioned just "Linden support" and assumed that everybody would know with certainty that you were talking about Billing Support.

If wasn't Amethyst suggesting the Billing support numbers, certainly another one would do it, because you were not specific in what kind of support you tried.

But insisting in this certainly will not help you in your main problem, and probably will drive away others because of your response to an answer that was not what you expected.

Hi, thank you for your input. What makes you believe that I'm not calm. :) Do you notice that not only one of the replies I got adresses the described problem? Put yours on the list. I wasn't rude nor unpolite. If it sounds so, I'm sorry.

I took the time too describe my issues as exactly as possible. That I'm not happy, if people just read the headline and point me to the support is understandable. Wouldn't you agree. :)

Hi. thanks for your hint. I will talk with Paypal about that. I contacted the German billing support meanwhile.

They told me what i have is a known issue with Paypal.. According to the support many German users report the same.  There  is a 50/50 chance that you get hit by that problem, when you try to add a Paypal account. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem as a long standing paypal account with plenty of money in it can no longer be used to buy lindens.  Got sent to the same useless page as did Doc. 

I cannot re-add the paypal payment info to my account either.  I live in the USA if that helps.

I do NOT have a credit card of bank information listed with SL and never will based on too many horror stories from friends that were only able to close their premium accounts with SL by canceling their credit cards.  ANd then of course SL closed out their avatar account.

No I am not a flamer and am not hating on anyone.

Help please

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I'm afraid the problem will be remain unsolved. Didn't receive any further response  from the SL German billing support despite the fact that they promised that on phone. All I found in mail was a form to rate the quality of their phone support.

I'm sorry to hear  that you have to deal with Paypal troubles also, Jamiee. :(

• 3 years later...

This is solved. If paypal asks you for adding a bank account or credit card instead to log you in even when you have already a bank or credit card added, this may help. Login in your paypal account and visit the page where recurring payments are listed. it's normally to find under the gear icon and then tab payments. Sorry, I can't be more exact. I have a user interface in german language. In my case it wa< a new Paypal address. And because the page was   empty I didn't spend much attention on it. That was wrong. There is a link somewhere regarding setting the default funding source. You get a new page where your bank account or credit card are listeted with checkboxes. Tick the desired box, save and try paypal to add your account again. Good luck. :)

Edited by Doc Carling

6 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

This is solved. If paypal asks you for adding a bank account or credit card instead to log you in even when you have already a bank or credit card added, this may help. Login in your paypal account and visit the page where recurring payments are listed. it's normally to find under the gear icon and then tab payments. Sorry, I can't be more exact. I have a user interface in german language. In my case it wa< a new Paypal address. And because the page was   empty I didn't spend much attention on it. That was wrong. There is a link somewhere regarding setting the default funding source. You get a new page where your bank account or credit card are listeted with checkboxes. Tick the desired box, save and try paypal to add your account again. Good luck. :)

Well, well, look who escaped from the Phoenix asylum, too. :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.