A question regarding mesh apparel

LadyEllenT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, you've been so helpful already. I have another question:

Why is it that sometimes when I put a mesh product on, it has little jagged holes in it? I bought a dress recently and I demoed it first but I didnt think to dance in the demo and when I went to dance, I noticed little holes appearing as I moved. What causes this and can it be fixed?

When I roginally put it on and walked around in it, the fabric was smooth and flawless and moved with me. I tried different sizes and it even came with two differet alphas.

With some items I notce the jagged holes near the waist and/or breasts before I even move and a size larger ir smaller makes even more holes.

Sometimes even using the alpha or the HUD that comes with mesh bodies doesn't prevent cutting.  Basically the dress is anchored to certain points on your avatar but not all, so when you dance the cutting occurs.

The only real cure for this is to make a glitch layer to wear under the mesh.  Basically a glitch is underwear that you wear under the mesh clothing that covers the areas that cut through the mesh in some animations like dances.  It is the same fabric and color.  Mostly they are just pants or shorts but sometime a shirt. Unless you really know what you are doing it is extremely difficult to do, particularly if you didn't create the texture for the dress.  I've done it for a few mesh pieces of clothing that I created, such as a evening dress I do want to be able to dance in that has a very tight sheath skirt.  Since I made the texture I was able to use it to make glitch pants.  I think creators mostly don't provide them (although I've seen a few offered) because they'd have to charge a lot more for the clothing to make up for the time and effort it takes to make them.

With most clothes, I just ignore small occasional glitches and I think most people do too.  If a piece of clothing has a lot of cutting that is unacceptable, then I'll just don't wear it to a club or when I am going to dance.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.