A little help please

lolgirl001

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, so someone put a collar on me and before I knew what I was getting into, it was too late.  I saw on my chat saying locked collar and now anything in main chat will be seen to who collard me.  I did ask him to take the collar off but he wouldn't do it.  So I took it off and also made sure the rlv in preferences wasn't checked off for enable and it wasn't.  Even with the collar taken off and rlv not checked off he is still controlling me.  Sometimes when I try to walk, I can't, I just freeze.  I try to find an object to click on so I can sit and then I can walk again.  Also sometimes my keys on the keyboard freeze and I can't type anything.  Other weird stuff happen.  He seems to know when I log on to do this to me.  I don't have him on as a friend so I don't know how he is doing that.  This is also effecting my other alts or I would just delete this alt and be done with it.  I didn't delete the collar in inventory because someone told me not to.  It is called a Posture Collar V1.  Is there a way to stop this script from running?  Should I try getting another collar and just setting it to myself?  Would that work?  Thanks for any help. 

You can delete the collar without any problems in your inventory.  Things in your inventory can't effect your avatar in world or run scripts there.  They have to be rezzed in world or you have to wear them.

Try relogging first so that you are sure RLV remains unchecked in preferences.

Check your worn items and make sure you aren't wearing anything he gave you or anything else that looks unfamiliar.  You should go somewhere and strip your avatar of everything you're wearing then put them back one at a time until  you find the culprit.  When you do, detach it and delete it from  your inventory.

As Amethyst says, a script contained in an item in your inventory can't do anything.  The collar isn't actually there -- the icons in your inventory are simply the equivalent of bookmarks, pointing to a location in the main LL asset servers.

You can simply check what you are wearing by looking at the worn tab in your Outfits folder.    Is there anything there you don't recognise?   Or anything else there he gave you?

I wouldn't automtically assume that your problems are anything to do with the collar.   He'd need to be on the same region as you (and probably within chat distance) to do very much, and what you describe sounds to me much more like the sort of problems you'd might have with a poor connection to SL and/or a machine that's struggling to cope with the demands SL places on it than it sounds like anything you can do with RLV (I do a lot scripting involving RLV so I do have a pretty good knowledge of what it can and can't do).

lolgirl001 wrote:

Ok, so someone put a collar on me and before I knew what I was getting into, it was too late.  I saw on my chat saying locked collar and now anything in main chat will be seen to who collard me.  I did ask him to take the collar off but he wouldn't do it.  So I took it off and also made sure the rlv in preferences wasn't checked off for enable and it wasn't.  Even with the collar taken off and rlv not checked off he is still controlling me.  Sometimes when I try to walk, I can't, I just freeze.  I try to find an object to click on so I can sit and then I can walk again.  Also sometimes my keys on the keyboard freeze and I can't type anything.  Other weird stuff happen. 
He seems to know when I log on to do this to me.  I don't have him on as a friend so I don't know how he is doing that.  This is also effecting my other alts or I would just delete this alt and be done with it.
  I didn't delete the collar in inventory because someone told me not to.  It is called a Posture Collar V1.  Is there a way to stop this script from running?  Should I try getting another collar and just setting it to myself?  Would that work?  Thanks for any help. 

Two things in the section I highlighted. That this is affecting your alts suggests that your problems are down to laggy region conditions, your connection, your computer, or some combination of the three. Nothing done with RLV can affect separate accounts.

As far as knowing when you're online, there's nothing you can do to stop him knowing this. As well as various social engineering methods, a very simple script can report the on/offline status of any account in SL, friend or not. He won't be able to tell where you are (although he might be able to work it out), but he can tell if you're in SL. Block him, move on, and file an Abuse Report if you have evidence he's harrassing you.

Thanks for all your help.  I do file AR reports but nothing happens.   I did notice when I tried to sit on something using one of my other alts I kept getting thrown to the ground.  I might try doing a clean reinstall maybe there is a script running somewhere I don't know about.  Thanks Again!!!

To be clear... a script is run on the servers of LL. Not on your computer! 

I would clean the cache of your viewer, maybe run some cleaning/anti mallware/virus software on your machine itself and see if this solves your problems. As stated, the script of a collar will not affect your avatar when it is not worn. It can also not affect your alts that never wore that/a collar. This sound more like having a lousy connection to the internet. 

Check you viewer settings, depending on your rig, there is only so much SL it can handle. Check you connection settings, check you graphic settings. See if it occurs in busy sims, if it is on busy land it could just be lag.

I think you may have just panicked and now blame everything on the collar and the "friend". Breath, strip down all that you are wearing. Check that on your Worn Tab in inventory and put on some stuff you are sure of you bought yourself... just to be sure there are no scipts at work here. 

Something I might not have been clear about in my previous post: a script to detect the online/offline status of your account doesn't have to be (and usually isn't) on your avatar. It's something the person doing the checking would keep ownership of. Furthermore, if they had it in an object rezzed in-world, they wouldn't even need to be in SL for it to check and report to them (scripts can run on a timer and send emails). So if you're worried you're wearing a 'bug' that tells your stalker when you log in, you probably aren't.

Scripts that do other nefarious stuff to your avatar *usually* need to to be worn by the victim, but not always. If it makes you feel better to check everything youre wearing, then go ahead.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.