A Gestures & Permisions Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Simple question.

At least I think it is.

I can but a 'no copy' or 'no transfer' animation and use it in anything I build or an A/O, etc.

But we can not use them in a gesture.

And I can't figure out the logic behind this.

Why must an animation be full perm to use in a Gesture?

Does any one understand this?

I believe when you insert an animation into a gesture it copies it by default. So anything that is no copy will keep trying to copy and fail to insert

No way to say "no, don't copy. Just go in" :( at least that's what my brain is telling me as I try to shove one into a gesture lol

MIstahMoose wrote:

I believe when you insert an animation into a gesture it copies it by default. So anything that is no copy will keep trying to copy and fail to insert

No way to say "no, don't copy. Just go in"
:(
at least that's what my brain is telling me as I try to shove one into a gesture lol

But that wouldn't account for "No Transfer."

And when you make a gesture it simply asks, "animation to use."  But I guess technically that could mean a lot of things. 

But I can see some logic there.  A no copy animation is meant to be used in only one item.  Because it isn't actually moved into the Gesture, only accessed, I could use it for more than one Gesture.

That would make sense then for no copy.

gestures only copy in the UUIDs of animations and sounds. because this leaves no way to check their permissions later, only full permissions ones are allowed. this is only enforced by the viewer when the gesture is edited.

tacking on a report from when user animations were new and this became a problem

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/109/b4/15658/1.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.