2nd Avie - Always a Cloud Now

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Well, I really need some help.  I have 2 accounts, one paid, one free.  I mostly use the free avatar.  For the past few days, I have been having problems.  I have tried clean installs of Cool, Singularity, and the SL (LL) viewer, all the most updated.  No matter what I do, my 2nd avatar is nothing but a ball of smoke to everyone except me.  My paid avatar seems to work fine, thus far.

I have done everything every webpage (that I could find) has suggested.... Eyebrowshaper, detach all, wear default avatar, close viewer, shutdown computer, router is a 4G cell phone (I live in the sticks, it is all that is available to me) so I shut that off, as well as the computer for more than a minute.  Cleared cache from outside SL, changed login location, let inventory fully load.  Then after it was fully loaded, closed viewer, relogged. Individually added shape, clothing, etc.  Still no one can see me.

I don't know what other information a techie might need to help me, but I do have windows 7 Pro,  AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz, 8.00GB (3.50GB usable) RAM, 32-bit Operating System  The computer was built for me in July of 2012.

Thanks (in advance) for any help anyone can give me.  I want my 2nd avie cause I have a lot invested in clothes, etc.  And, just for the record, inventory is under 8K.

Stitcher Sellery

Hi,

Well, I really need some help.  I have 2 accounts, one paid, one free.  I mostly use the free avatar.  For the past few days, I have been having problems.  I have tried clean installs of Cool, Singularity, and the SL (LL) viewer, all the most updated.  No matter what I do, my 2nd avatar is nothing but a ball of smoke to everyone except me.  My paid avatar seems to work fine, thus far.

I have done everything every webpage (that I could find) has suggested.... Eyebrowshaper, detach all, wear default avatar, close viewer, shutdown computer, router is a 4G cell phone (I live in the sticks, it is all that is available to me) so I shut that off, as well as the computer for more than a minute.  Cleared cache from outside SL, changed login location, let inventory fully load.  Then after it was fully loaded, closed viewer, relogged. Individually added shape, clothing, etc.  Still no one can see me.

I don't know what other information a techie might need to help me, but I do have windows 7 Pro,  AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz, 8.00GB (3.50GB usable) RAM, 32-bit Operating System  The computer was built for me in July of 2012.

Thanks (in advance) for any help anyone can give me.  I want my 2nd avie cause I have a lot invested in clothes, etc.  And, just for the record, inventory is under 8K.

Stitcher Sellery

Stitcher Sellery wrote:

No matter what I do, my 2nd avatar is nothing but a ball of smoke to everyone
except
me.  My paid avatar seems to work fine, thus far.

Hi Stitcher, try this:   

1)  Close up your inventory, so you only see two folders.  (just makes it easier to find the folder I'm going to direct you to)

2)  Open the Library folder

3)  Within the Library folder, Open the Clothing folder.

4)  Select the folder named More Outfits

5)  Within the More Outfits folder is the Ruth folder.

6)  Pull the entire *Ruth folder onto your avatar.

7) Wait until you full become Ruthed.  

You are now Ruthed, and should be able to see yourself.   Then you can go back and switch to whatever else you want for skin, shape, and overall look.

If you do try this, come back, and let me know if it works.

*Stitcher will know this, but for those who are newer to SL, Ruth is the initial avatar created, and is the default starting point for all avatars. Being "Ruthed" wipes clean many problems.

Thanks for your reply. 

I tried to do as you said.... clearing cache first..... I can't even wear anything from the Library.  I have a generic newbie on right now, but when I put it on, it moved it up to my inventory.  I have no way to wear anything from the Library.  I wrote a ticket to LL, and of course they aren't considering the fact that this didn't start til they started the Sunshine Project.  They say it's my computer.  if it were my (yes everything is up to date) computer, wouldn't both avatars have this problem?

Thanks,

Stitcher

Stitcher Sellery wrote:

I can't even wear anything from the Library.  I have a generic newbie on right now, but when I put it on, it moved it up to my inventory.

Just to be clear how it works:

• You wear something from the Library.

• First the system creates copies of those items to your inventory (it does not put on you the originals from the Library).

• After that the system puts on you the copies of the Library items it created to your inventory.

This is so because the Library is common for all avatars. And it is impossible for multiple avatars to wear the same original item at the same time. Thus the copies are created to personal inventories, what copies are then worn - from inventory.

Stitcher Sellery wrote:

Thanks for your reply. 

I tried to do as you said.... clearing cache first..... I can't even wear anything from the Library.  I have a generic newbie on right now, but when I put it on, it moved it up to my inventory.  I have no way to wear anything from the Library.  I wrote a ticket to LL, and of course they aren't considering the fact that this didn't start til they started the Sunshine Project.  They say it's my computer.  if it were my (yes everything is up to date) computer, wouldn't both avatars have this problem?

Thanks,

Stitcher

Stitcher Sellery wrote:

Thanks for your reply. 

I tried to do as you said.... clearing cache first..... I can't even wear anything from the Library.  I have a generic newbie on right now, but when I put it on, it moved it up to my inventory.  I have no way to wear anything from the Library.  I wrote a ticket to LL, and of course they aren't considering the fact that this didn't start til they started the Sunshine

Follow my steps exactly.  Pull the Ruth avatar folder onto your avatar.  Do this in a quiet sim where no one else it.  (I will pass you a LM for such a place)

Then wait while the Ruth avatar takes over.  You're not going to "wear" this in the tradiantion manner.  Instead your changing out your whole avatar...and becoming Ruth.

Don't so this with a random "generic" avatar.  Do this with the Ruth avatar.   (I'm heading inworld now to pass you a LM to a quiet sim)

PROBLEM SOLVED! <jumps>

When I noticed that one avie had 2 current outfit folders, and the other had none, I decided to uninstall the viewer (again).  Rebooted my PC (again) and installed an older version of the Cool Viewer.  This fixed me.  So, I uninstalled the older Cool Viewer, rebooted my PC and installed the updated version of Cool Viewer 1.26.8, and I am still fixed.  The problem really does seem to stem from the Current Outfit folder.

So glad I am finally fixed!  Thanks to all who responded, and special thanks to Celestiall Nightfire for taking her time to try to help me inworld.

Stitcher Sellery

Stitcher Sellery wrote:

PROBLEM SOLVED!
<jumps>

When I noticed that one avie had 2 current outfit folders, and the other had none, I decided to uninstall the viewer (again).  Rebooted my PC (again) and installed an older version of the Cool Viewer.  This fixed me.  So, I uninstalled the older Cool Viewer, rebooted my PC and installed the updated version of Cool Viewer 1.26.8, and I am still fixed.  The problem really does seem to stem from the Current Outfit folder.

So glad I am finally fixed!  Thanks to all who responded, and special thanks to Celestiall Nightfire for taking her time to try to help me inworld.

Stitcher Sellery

Stitcher I'm delighted to hear this good news!  How wonderful that you're no longer a mist cloud!   *grins*

If you have used an older version of Cool and you have more than one current outfits folder you are suffering from the Sun-99 error and you need to contact LL support to get it truly fixed.

It might seem to be OK now, but if you still have multiple current outfits folders or ever have the issue will come back.

See. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SUN-99?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.