Mini Games (Board Games, Arcades, etc.)

Polenth Yue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's been a fair bit of discussion of big roleplaying games and sim-wide mysteries, so I thought it'd be fun to discuss smaller games. Chess, snakes and ladders, tetris clones... the sort of thing you play with one or few people. What are some of your favourite games and where do you go to play them? Any small games done big, like sim-sized board games?

One I've enjoyed is Trio (by Moon Metty), where you have to pick out pattern sequences on a board. It's a simple idea, but challenging to play.

Melita Magic wrote:

I have an On A Roll game on my beach, and some arcade games at my cinema. So I must like those. I thought they were the most fun at the time I bought them.

That's my usual criteria for buying stuff too. Most of the things I've picked up, I saw at someone else's place first and thought it was fun. Except for a few free games, where there's no risk in trying it (I've noticed free games are often a bit primmy, but work fine... I have a free mahjong table and a tetris-like thing.)

(Which means all those spamming me with "make money fast!" games after I posted this thread... you're hassling the wrong fungus. I don't buy games for their money-making potential.)

As a game creator on SL i have often thought about making the exact type of game you mentioned , i too think it would be fun to make a fully interactive game where avitars are the playing pieces , i have 2 very big multiplayers out on the grid but as you said there is also a market for just fun interactive games too , i will devote some time to it over the coming months :) , if you have any suggestions (polite ones lol) then please feel free to IM me

Regards

Dazza

Dazza Staheli wrote:

As a game creator on SL i have often thought about making the exact type of game you mentioned , i too think it would be fun to make a fully interactive game where avitars are the playing pieces , i have 2 very big multiplayers out on the grid but as you said there is also a market for just fun interactive games too , i will devote some time to it over the coming months
:)
, if you have any suggestions (polite ones lol) then please feel free to IM me

I wasn't specifically thinking of games where the avatars were the pieces, but that could be fun. The chaos of trying to run a chess game where all the pieces are avatars... it'd be awesome.

I own arcade games made by Seven Shikami that I love.

I use them for events, and have used them (or rezzed them out for others to use) for various charity events. Things like skeeball, basketball, a racing game, a fighting game, a crane-type game, a UFO thingy, a game similar to Dance Dance Revolution, and the guitar one too, whack a mole, actually I think I own all the games made by that creator, lol. I even have the ticket system that goes with it and prize counter and stuff.(and you just reminded me of something I need to get to work on too, lol, ty!)

I also have a trashcan one(you throw the paper ball into the trash can), various carnival games, a gem one, a connect four type game..... I have a ton of them, lol. I don't even remember them all. Some of them I've had for ages now. I like taking them out from time to time, mostly when there is no one else on the sim, so I don't disturb if I get click happy. None of the ones I own are really intensive on the script times, but I don't usuallly leave them out. I'm just extremely mindful of others, and careful since I am sharing my sim.

I like some of the card and board type ones, but some of them aren't nearly as fun as they look, and don't function super well either. I've had a few really bad experiences with them, lol. Especially some of the "game room" type ones. Various air hockey, bowling, tabletop type games haven given me nothing but grief. I ended up just getting rid of them because it became a huge hassle and there wasn't ever anyone around to fit the non-working stuff. Now if I want to go bowling I have to go find a new sim. I used to go to a really big place with friends, but it closed down a while back :( Was quite sad to see it go too. That place was awesome.

I prefer fun, inviting, easy to understand, engaging, colorful....things like this. Not just ones you need other people to play. Sometimes I like playing alone :)

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love Seven Shkami's ticket counter, especially with the whack a mole and skeeball games they make, adds a great little immersive touch to arcades in world

also love the arcade games that use the browser to load browser based javascript versions of the games on the game machine's screen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.