Issues back at the Realms

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It was so peaceful for so long but the graphics card killers are back at the realms. The complex geometry slow to 1fps has been around awhile but now there is a new "white flash" killer that I heard about from a friend. I just ran into it (I did get the blue crystal however before being kicked off). Some white particle like stuff flows across the screen. Two Nvidea crash loggers came up and an Open GL crash box as well as of course Firestorm. So obviously no way to put in an abuse report in the two seconds it took to crash unless you run with "nearby" open and are fast.

Just in case anyone in authority is reading this :D, it would be VERY good to figure out how to stop this. NOT FUN!!! and particularly not good for the new folks who are numerous there these days.

Chic Aeon wrote:

It was so peaceful for so long but the graphics card killers are back at the realms. The complex geometry slow to 1fps has been around awhile but now there is a new "white flash" killer that I heard about from a friend. I just ran into it (I did get the blue crystal however before being kicked off). Some white particle like stuff flows across the screen. Two Nvidea crash loggers came up and an Open GL crash box as well as of course Firestorm. So obviously no way to put in an abuse report in the two seconds it took to crash unless you run with "nearby" open and are fast.

Just in case anyone in authority is reading this
:D
, it would be VERY good to figure out how to stop this. NOT FUN!!! and particularly not good for the new folks who are numerous there these days.

Do these things actually damage graphics cards?

Chic Aeon wrote:

Just in case anyone in authority is reading this
:D
, it would be VERY good to figure out how to stop this. NOT FUN!!! and particularly not good for the new folks who are numerous there these days.

Something to consider is selecting an object owned by LL as soon as you can relog and write a clear AR about what happenned.  Tell them you have selected the Linden Object because you got crashed before you could select the offending object and give them the time frame for the occurence.  Linden Lab can look at the Server Logs to see who and what was on the SIM.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.