Games in Second Life? Let's hear about them!

Ann Otoole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oooh.. 

There are a lot of games in Second LIfe - a few of the ones I enjoy are

Greedy Greedy - a game similar to Yatzee that you can play alone or with others. Its very addicting and loads of fun. 

Sparkle - Another game that you can play alone or with others (or against visitors on a sim or players on the grid for the high score!) Its similar to the commercial RL "Bejeweled". 

Mother freakin' zombies - It looks like Zyngo until you play it.. you have to shoot zombies that are attacking you with number skill. Its a lot of fun. 

Daazy - is a fun flower color and pattern strategy game. 

Tiny Empires - a hud based grid-wide game that is based on a monarchy system. Its fun to strategize and try to get higher to make your own kingdom. Plus there are a lot of 'social' opportunities within the various kingdoms on the grid.

Wow.. I play a lot of games.. those are my favorites... I can't wait to hear about others!

Oooh.. 

There are a lot of games in Second LIfe - a few of the ones I enjoy are

Greedy Greedy - a game similar to Yatzee that you can play alone or with others. Its very addicting and loads of fun. 

Sparkle - Another game that you can play alone or with others (or against visitors on a sim or players on the grid for the high score!) Its similar to the commercial RL "Bejeweled". 

Mother freakin' zombies - It looks like Zyngo until you play it.. you have to shoot zombies that are attacking you with number skill. Its a lot of fun. 

Daazy - is a fun flower color and pattern strategy game. 

Tiny Empires - a hud based grid-wide game that is based on a monarchy system. Its fun to strategize and try to get higher to make your own kingdom. Plus there are a lot of 'social' opportunities within the various kingdoms on the grid.

Wow.. I play a lot of games.. those are my favorites... I can't wait to hear about others!

Audra Siemens wrote:

Greedy Greedy
 - a game similar to Yatzee that you can play alone or with others. Its very addicting and loads of fun. 

I've never thought of Greedy Greedy as being like Yahtzee, but I suppose it has some of that in its blood. Personally, my favorite game is Khet, which is probably my worst seller. I'm a sucker for strategy games, though, and this one has lasers.

There are a LOT more games within Second Life than most people are aware of and I think they are a very important part of Second Life as they help answer the question to noobs after they first log on. "I have hair, now what do I do now"

I have my favorites but being a big supporter of game maker's I seen them all. I tend to be drawn personally to games that show some innovation and originality. One good example is Galaxy War. Galaxy War in a nut shell is simple real time 3D version of Risk kinda sorta. .Instead of conquring countries you attack other planets (occupied or unoccupied by your opponent. You do so by clicking on your planet(s) then click on your target planet to attack. Half your armies from your planets attack the target planet. When you or your opponent army occupies a planet it produces more army troups over time. Planets produce armies at different rates. when you move your armies your are shown moving with a creative use of particle effects.
It can be played Player vs player, player vs computer or co-op (both players vs computer). Sadly the game maker left SL hopefully not for good so it can't be purchased. But I keep it out at my Celestial Game Tower location near the two towers.

Over the years there have been some games that have stood out as SL must have classsic games.

Greedy Greedy was already mentioned and is more popular than some of the Yahtzee style games out there.

UNA (Ingredients compare to UNO :) Uno/Una is a varation of the card game Crazy Eights but honestly more people are familiar with UNO.

Chess. There are dozens of chess games out there but the one made by Lamorna Proctor is among the higher quality and most popular one out there.

Danger Zone: Is a gem collecting game which can be compared to a game of Chicken. Your options are to either stay or go. During the game Dangers are presented (sharks, boulders, lighting, buzz saws...) and if they come up twice you get killed. But if you leave before you a duplicate danger comes up you keep the gems  which are added to your points. A very fun and very visual game.

Battle Sludo: Is a variation of race board games such as parcheesy or the commercial RL game Sorry.

Bridge: Made by Coral Guasman which may be primmy by some peoples standards is full of detail and attention to the game.

Clued Up: A murder mystery game in which the play I am sure most are familiar with. this game is to new to be considered a SL classic game but it definitely is a stand out game and I haven't really seen anyone come out with a simular style game

SLopoly: A Monopoly style game but is having a name change. Though in part I understand why but at the same time there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of games in RL ending with opoly. I am starting a RL "boardgame cafe" so yes Mr senator I can infact testify I have seen dozens of ...opoly games :). Whatever the name its definitely a SL classic game.

Poker: There are a good number of poker games but when considering a poker game keep in mind that playing poker for money/linden currency is not allowed. The game itself is fine of course just be sure your playing for fun. One day maybe the Laws will change and maybe SL wagering policies might change at that time. But I am certain Vegas lobbiest will try to make that a long time to come

Combat Cards: A game that one might compare to Magic the Gathering but its definitely its own game. This is what you would call a Collectable Card Game (or CCG) Another CCG game out there that has done a great job is Logos. Both game makers have a youtube introduction clip you can help familiarize yourself with the game.

En Garde: A turn based card game in which two players duel against each other. your avatar's are moving forward and backwards by playing cards in an effort to score a strike on the other.

FrootCake:  A wonderful game of getting the least amount of fruitcake.

There are lots of other greats and thats before we even get to the area of arcade games and virtual sports. I know I mist some and I appolgize but really I can go on days :)

Karsten try Galaxy Wars sometime it's "out of print" but I have one at my place. I play against the computer regular enough to unwind :) Khet is a  great game in my vast RL collection I have what I would describe as a Khet knock off. Unfortunately the electronics get set off too easy unless you play in a darkened room. I am sure the real life Khet probably doesnt have that issue.

Sorina Garrigus wrote:

SLopoly: A Monopoly style game but is having a name change. Though in part I understand why but at the same time there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of games in RL ending with opoly. I am starting a RL "boardgame cafe" so yes Mr senator I can infact testify I have seen dozens of ...opoly games
:)
. Whatever the name its definitely a SL classic game.

Yes, this was unfortunate but I wasn't given a choice in the matter. SLopoly is now known as Simopolis at the request of Linden Lab. While I agree with you that Linden Lab has no legal grounding to force this change, it wasn't worth my time or theirs to fight about it. At the end of the day, Second Life is still a private company and they can dictate what goes on their platform.

I Love playing board games and such. One thing not mentioned here tho are combat games.

Thats right! Most mistake us with the Roleplayers but as a matter of fact we are more game then roll. ;-)

This includes the varieties of LLCS combat areas, VICE, Blitz, VCS, TCS and CCC. There is alot out there to explore and participate in!

Ann, I have a question.  You were the very first person to post in the Vampire sub-forum.  I saw you post there..before anyone else.

Now, here in this "game" sub-forum...once again...you're the first person to post here.

Are you some kind of appointed LL hostess for these special sub-forums? 

Also, please understand that I have no quibble with your long-term goal of increasing visibility and therefore increasing bodies into SL.  But, I do have questions, as to this method. 

Assassin's Grid is an extensive MMORPG made exclusively for Second Life. The backstory is based in a futuristic world where all governments have disbanded due to an organized public coup utilizing social networks as a platform. This takes place in 2028 A.D. shortly following the global economic meltdown and fear of an extinction level event happening in a parallel dimension. A science fiction based on an upcoming novel "The Dark Revolution"

Game includes amazing combat system, crafting, team building, transmutational alchemy, professions etc.

The world has been taken over by organized gangs such as Assassins, Slayers and Deathstalkers. 

Read the story here http://www.assassinsgrid.com

Videos:

Usive wrote:

"GO",

The oldest game on earth, continues in SL.

It is the only known game a computer can't beat all humans at.

I beg to disagree. The oldest known game is that played between men and women, and does not require a board - and computers can't even begin to play it, much less beat a single human at it, mainly because humans haven't worked out what the rules are yet, and they keep changing anyway, and it's almost impossible to work out whether you have won or lost until it's too late.

Rudi

I started a volleyball league dunno if that counts for this thread but hopefully it does I have two female teams practicing a few times week come support us and cheer just send me an I'm Thursday Fridays and Saturdays 5-7 slt Alyssa xenobuilder ok my shameless self promotion is over i actually like tripeaks panic a fun little sl game prolly no one knows about

On A Roll

it is a lesser known cousin of Greedy Greedy, made by the same game company. 

I used to have Greedy Greedy rezzed on my public land, but replaced it with On A Roll. You still roll dice, but there are different combinations needed, and then you must place the result on a board square. Then you must get five squares in a row. Like with Yahtzee the center square is free.

If you want to try it out of course the shop that makes it has one and there's also one on a dock at my beach. Anyone can play if they want to.  (It's Moderate land though, so I guess if you can only go to G you can't.)

Frootcake sounds fun, where would one find that game? I like the name of it.

ETA: I forgot about the arcade games. I have two rezzed at my cinema; there are some at the Forum Cartel Hangout too I think. I have more games but they wouldn't all fit at the cinema. So if someone doesn't like the zombie or other game I can put something else. There's a big arcade game shop I bought them from - I can't seem to remember names of any shops this morning, though. Bleh.

7 Seas fishing is always fun although I've never gotten off my duff to make special prizes for it I do have it set up on my beach.

Why do you need formal

games in

SL? Go play

Scrabble or SimFarm on

Facebook if you want to derive some sort of

pleasure out of

competing with others on

trivial matters. If you want to meet new

people from around the

world, and

kill them, join your

Armed Forces or play

WoW.

life is a game, and

SL is a

subset of life, so it's a

game itself. One in which you can

play much more sophisticated

mind games and not get

hurt yourself, because you get to make up the

rules, and there are thousands of

weak and naive players that you can

practise on, before you

level up and take on the

big guns in the psychological

warfare here in the

forums, as the

Lindens are currently discovering.

Rudi

Bands of Cypher,  a clever discovery and puzzle game. Sort of like a star gate!

You have to solve an elemental puzzle that is made from 5 elements, Fire, Water, Nature, Earth and Metal.

You have to balance the core temperature and when it is successfully balanced, an adorable creature (Yumenexaria Icarus, in short Yumi:) ) from another world enters your realm. 

You can follow the game on facebook and check out live twitter feeds at

http://www.facebook.com/bandsofcypher

There is Simball. A high speed community / event / sport game using one of our other products called a Simboard. And a Simboard is our idea of a mixed, futurist, boarding sport device. A highly adaptable hoverboard, snowboard, skateboard, and skyboard, mixed with a few... other things.

But the sport of Simball itself is a high contact, sci-fi version of simplified hockey or football. Players ride various Simboards that contain weapons or special powers designed specificity for the game.

3 Players per team.

And a major part of the sport is choosing which boards to mix on a team. A team can develop play strategy in that way.

Simball was first designed for Treet.TV after the previous Simboarding sport (Halfpipe Simboarding) had it's run.

It has instead become a community supported sport. Meaning anyone with land can get an arena kit and build their own stadium any way they see fit. Then allow others to run games on it which post to the global feed.

To explain it in more detail, this video was made awhile ago at previous CSR arena that wasused for MetaMixTV:

Also our main channel for Vetox where you'll find related content: http://www.youtube.com/user/VetoxSL

And our website: www.Vetox.biz

I am making a live chess performance of Vampires against Goreans as a tribute to the official Games Event next week. I am able to locate a giant chess board and one Vampire Clan is all  the dark pieces and I got some Goreans to be white side but I have a big problem. The Goreans do not have a Queen. I say to the Goreans then they must play with fifteen players but they say it is not fair and they do not want the Vampires to have a Queen who is most powerful. . It is soon and I must decide. Is there a team of sixteen that could be in the game not the Goreans? Please help me.

Knot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.