"Community, Forums" - Sign in [rant]. :-( :-D

Coby Foden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using the latest Firefox. During the last few weeks I've notice this:
I'm signed in in "My dashboard", there I right click at "Community, Forums" and select "Open in new tab", I often get the following error page:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/errors/FilterErrorHandlerPage :smileysurprised: :smileyfrustrated:

SL-Authentication failed.jpg

Ok, then I click "Sign In" in that error page. I get signed in but it puts me to the "Blogs" tab not to the "Forums" tab where I wanted to go.

Another thing what I have noticed when I read forum posts in different areas I get silently signed out. However, I stay signed in at the "My dashboard" page.

Earlier everything worked ok, but now it looks like something is broken in "Community" sign in system. This is a PITA as it happens rather often. :matte-motes-frown:

COBY I am on the Firefox beta update channel - currently version 38 - and I have been suffering similar problems of "Community amnesia"; I thought it might have been problems with beta software, particularly since I use Multifox to manage multiple profiles to access SL web properties, but perhaps (as alluded to in the GD thread) it is untested LL software, possibly being messed around with to "consolidate" login access in a standard fashion - we know that there are multiple validation databases used, which suffer occasional corruption and desynchronisation and there is always the chance that LL are trying to sort out linked access between the existing SL and the SL2 platform.

***I am not holding my breath for either an explanation or a resolution; the forums are way down the priority list, it seems***

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.