The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

Qwalyphi Korpov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There needs to be a warning sticky at the top of every forum. Right now, the hacker has posted in Torely's sticky at the top of GD.

The first one that was posted, I did click on the link. Not long after, I got an email from LL saying I might have been targeted, and to check my acct and change my password.

Void Singer wrote:

I believe you have to actually play the content or visit the websites.... I'm not aware of any attack code just from the player being present on the boards here.

That's good to know. However considering that the entire JavaScript code is downloaded when the page is rendered, it probably won't be long before these folks figure out how to attack just from a page load.\

*sigh* Some kids need to have their fingers sewn to their wrists...

Darrius Gothly wrote:

That's good to know. However considering that the entire JavaScript code is downloaded when the page is rendered, it probably won't be long before these folks figure out how to attack just from a page load.\

*sigh* Some kids need to have their fingers sewn to their wrists...

preferably of the opposite arms? =)

it shouldn't be possible to insert any external scripts other than the ones that the forums already runs, and all the player code is pretty much static for the board.... not saying it can't happen, but it's less than likely. the pages linked to however are rather dangerous, so I don't suggest anyone causally browsing them.

Pamela Galli wrote:

There needs to be a warning sticky at the top of every forum. Right now, the hacker has posted in Torely's sticky at the top of GD.

The first one that was posted, I did click on the link. Not long after, I got an email from LL saying I might have been targeted, and to check my acct and change my password.

If you used the link in that email and changed your password, I would suggest that you change your password again.

See: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Does-anyone-know-if-this-is-real-or-more-scare-tactics/m-p/1061145/message-uid/1061145#U1061145

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.