Sigh.

Griffin Ceawlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nope, I'm not here to complain about the SPAM. Just to say that I surrender.

I have RICd countless threads, and to be fair, the mods handle them pretty quickly most of the time.

I just can't be bothered anymore, though. I gots better things to do.

Drake suggested months ago that people let the SPAM pile up without RICing it. Let LL deal with it.

Well, that's what I'm going to do. I'm done.

If you good people continue to RIC, good on ya.

Just know that you're doing someone else's job.

I RIC them when I'm in the mood and don't when I'm not.  It's not like doing it is such a huge undertaking (I only RIC one thread per account), but, over time, it does get rather monotonous and, like you, I get fed up with it.

Oh, and doing someone else's job is rather par for the course around here.

...Dres

Hugsy Penguin wrote:

I report it when I see it, but, I can't be bothered to report every single post.  It's getting to be like "5 O'clock Charlie" from M*A*S*H.  So, it's 2am ET.  Yup, there's the spam.

I know it may be hard to believe, but he mods are actually smart enough to realize that they need to delete all the threads posted by a spam account, even when only one thread is reported.  So reporting more than one of them is actually redundant and need not be done.  Plus, I hardly believe that anyone is patient or ambitious enough to report every single one.

...Dres

I used to RIC one thread of the many, regardless of how many different account names were posting them at the time. I assumed that any mod would be able to see that there are other threads posted by other names, and deal with them. Then I stopped RICing any of them because there are mods who are paid to see and deal with them, so I let them do their job without any prompting from me.

As long as the mods do what they are paid to do, it's never necessary for any user to RIC any of the spam threads. It's necessary to RIC any spam posts that are added to existing threads though.

I quit reporting them long ago and just ignore them.

Yes they are a blight and probably shock and drive away any one logging in to the Forum for the first time.

Sucks.

Let them pile up so when Oz or Monty (who saw and reported them once) or CTL log in they are hit in the face with them.

I hear ya, Griffin. I used to RIC the spam, too, but stopped long ago when it seemed like LL did not care or was unable to stop them.

Then I do not care either! 

There was a time we were told that mods work 24/7.  Obviously that is no longer the case yet no one has told us.  Another lack of communication.

It's cold outside today so I think that I will just bundle up. *waves

Perrie Juran wrote:

I quit reporting them long ago and just ignore them.

Yes they are a blight and probably shock and drive away any one logging in to the Forum for the first time.

Sucks.

Let them pile up so when Oz or Monty (who saw and reported them once) or CTL log in they are hit in the face with them.

My current stance as well.

Yeah, I never reported every single one either.  I've reported multiple before though.  I figure more reports draws more attention to the Mods.  It depends on my mood though.  Sometimes multiple.  Sometimes just one.  Occasionally fed up and just page next to get to the real posts.

"5 O'Clock Charlie" is back tonight.  I didn't check all forums, but the first post in General Discussion I see is 01-09-2014 01:44 AM EST (UTC -5).  Maybe we should start a poll.  When will our inept North Korean flyer drop on us tomorrow night?  I say he will be a bit late and drop on GD at 01-10-2014 01:46 AM EST (UTC -5).

ETA:  Do'h!  Forgot to bump the day to the 10th.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.