Post Removal notifications are not being received in email

Mickey Vandeverre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

if a thread is removed that you had posts in and you get no notification, then that's expects... the thread was deemed in violation and not your post.

if a post that you replied to, or one further up the chain of replies was removed, the same thing applies.

the only time a person should get a notification is when their thread or their post was the one specifically removed... if that is the case, and you didn't receive notification, then there's a problem. be sure to check whether the post you replied to is still there and your forum PM box....

if the first is still there, and the second is not, then a problem exists.

Would it be possible to have some kind of notification to the author of a thread if it is moved from one forum to another.  I recently had one moved from the Vamp forum into the Forum Feedback.  With all the furore going on at the moment with severe moderation I thought it had been deleted and was awaiting a confirmation email.  I then find out that's it been moved to the Feedback Forum from a 3rd party site some time later.

If people aren't notified of this then their threads are posted into a new forum and can appear inaptly titled and/or the content of the post(s) seem wildly out of context in comparison to the forum from which they were removed.  With notification the title or posts can be edited to explain why the thread was posted in the first place and have it put into context.

Would it be possible to have some kind of notification to the author of a thread if it is moved from one forum to another.  I recently had one moved from the Vamp forum into the Forum Feedback.  With all the furore going on at the moment with severe moderation I thought it had been deleted and was awaiting a confirmation email.  I then find out that's it been moved to the Feedback Forum from a 3rd party site some time later.

If people aren't notified of this then their threads are posted into a new forum and can appear inaptly titled and/or the content of the post(s) seem wildly out of context in comparison to the forum from which they were removed.  With notification the title or posts can be edited to explain why the thread was posted in the first place and have it put into context.

• 2 weeks later...

There is further recent evidence of posts which may have been removed without ANY notification whatsoever, in the thread:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Vampire-Events-Discussion/new-avis/m-p/1239623#M1362

where the suggestion that the new werewolf library avatars came with added "appendages" was noted on the basis of the official images - the white werewolf looks as if he has a black member, and the three legged white one at the back seems to have a disproportionately sized one.

This observation may, of course,  not to have been to the liking of the unofficial moderator of that forum, who might have persuaded an official moderator to remove the informative posts.

Or perhaps there was a data corruption, which is why I feel the need to bring the situation to the notice of the authorities here.

Rudi

I thought it would be appropriate to bring to the attention of the Community - and possibly other Linden Lab authorities who may not know that such activities are being conducted in their name, despite a historical public commitment by Lexie, who I understand may be returning to her post next month, which can't be too soon! -  that posts are being deleted from threads without any notification to the posters (and not as a side-effect of the deletion of other posts, which is the usual excuse given for stealth moderation) or indication left in the thread that such censorship has been effected.

This is despite those posts not contravening ANY elements of the forum Guidelines or Terms of Service!

To explain: I am currently considering an involvement in role playing of a family/relationship nature, but my previous experience went really sour when I was involved with a blue werewolf with whom I had twin hybrid progeny, care of whom I initially entrusted in my partner, who brought them to maturity quickly and then proposed multiple incestuous relationships.

I was horrified!

There was no sexual ageplay involved, and it seems that incest is not forbidden by the ToS (I checked) but I am afraid that my underlying moral framework generates a repugnance of even virtual incest.

Therefore, whenever I am investigating a potential rp relationship, the first question I ask is - in an entirely neutral fashion, so that the response is not skewed by expectation bias - what their views on incest are. This generally provides me with sufficient information to know whether I might wish to proceed with further research regarding the opportunity for involvement.

I have asked several such questions recently in these forums of those searching for "friendships" and "relationships" and received fairly negative responses, although I perceived a reluctance to commit which might have been related to a disinclination to judge, or open-mindedness on the subject, neither of which would endear me to the underlying proposition - so I have not pursued the possibilities.

However, despite this being, as far as I am aware, an entirely legitimate use of the forums, it appears that my posts have been removed without notification or explanation.

I understand that the forum Guidelines state that "the actions taken (or not taken) by Linden Lab and our moderators are at our sole discretion, and we may act without warning or explanation" and I would guess that the mere mention of incest was enough for someone with the relevant powers to take peremptory capital action.

In that context it seems that there is little I can do except protest here publicly, until perhaps my protest is removed as the Syrians have shown they are more effective at doing than the Egyptian authorities, and hope that others in the forums might note that their apparent "freedom of expression" apparently offered if you comply with the specifics of the forum Guidelines is being eroded by the personal and private sensitivities of those with the autocratic power to be able to act upon their prejudices.

Rudi

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Your posts on the topic in the thead Sex and Vampirism were still there last time I looked.   Was there another thread you were posting in, too?

Thank you for your concern Innula. I have posted in (cough) quite a few threads; perhaps the perpetrators gave up because they wanted to go home early for Thanksgiving. Or maybe posts in the Vampire thread take more killing than normal ones . . .

Rudi

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Sorry.  I don't normally see much that happens outside the Scripting, Animation, and Adult Content forums.   I tend to rely on Pep's blog for word of what is happening elsewhere.

You didn't ask about it in Scripting Tips, did you?

/me scratches his head and tries to work out how he could introduce incest into a Scripting Tips forum; perhaps a challenge for another day...?

Rudi (laughed)

ETA Don't trust Pep's blog. He makes most of it up!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.