Impossible edit the end of long KB articles?

Irene Muni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this is only my issue, but see:

1. Choose a long KB article, for example About the Second Life KB.
  2. Click Edit and DON'T CLICK in the editor window.
  3. Scrolling with your mouse you can see al the article, from the Table of Contents until the end ("For information on writing KB articles, see the... ... ...").
  4. Now click in any point of the text.
  5. The editor window changes (appears the edition bar). But now you cannot see the end of the text. And of course you cannot edit the end of the article (you can edit all the text in HTML mode).

Is it only my problem? (I'm using Firefox 5.0)

No, its not just you Irene, I have FF 5 too, but it would appear that the problem is that there is no vertical scroll on the window, there is just a horizontal one at the bottom.

Edit: Its just that last line that disappears under the bottom bar, if you click on the bottom of the text first you actually see the window shrink lol

• 5 months later...

Hi Irene,

Yes, there are some "quirks" (to put it generously) in the Lithium editor. 

If I understand what you're saying, the problem is the edit toolbar scrolls away when editing articles longer than a single screen (most of our KB articles).  This is a serious problem, unless you always want to edit the HTML source directly.

As a workaround we use a bookmarklet to pin the edit toolbar to the top of the window so it doesn't scroll away. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with all browsers.  It works with Chrome, but I have not been able to get it to work reliably with other browsers.

Here's what you do:

1. In your Chrome browser, right-click on the bookmarks toolbar.
  2. Choose Add Page.  The Add Page window opens.
  3. Enter the following: 
    Name: Lithium Toolbar Fix (or whatever lable you like)
    URL: Cut and paste the Javascript below. 
  4. Click OK. The bookmarket is added to your browser's bookmarks bar.

javascript:document.styleSheets[0].insertRule(".mceExternalToolbar { top: 0px !important; position: fixed !important }",0)

Now when you edit an article, AFTER you click in the editor window and you see the toolbar, click on the bookmark to pin the Lithium edit toolbar to the top of the window.  It won't scroll away as you scroll down into a long article!  I use this basically every time I edit a KB article in Lithium.

This workaround at least enables you to use the Lithium visual editor on longer articles.  As for the issue of the last line in an article occasionally being below the bottom of the edit area--I have seen this, too, and I usually just put my cursor in the edit area and move it down with the arrow keys.  

Hope that helps,

Rand

I dont know how to talk to but i think someone took my money.. i did buy this and did get a emty prim.. and i did see that its too ppl selling the same thing. what do i do?? do i lose my 31.999l$ now? :(((

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bmaturity_level%5D=GMA&search%5Bkeywords%5D=The+Lost+Gemini+house%28with+funitures%29+

December 20, 2011

• Order #1286592142
  • Order Status: Delivered
  • Total items: 1
  • Order Total: L$31,999
  • Recipients: fluffy Holfe
  • View invoice
  Description Item IDs Unit Price Qty Total:   RAZ FAX The Lost Gemini house(with funitures) christmas PROMOSold by JordyIshn0 Visit The StoreReview Product  48770556 L$31,999 1 L$31,999

The one you paid for is a Christmas promo special price...on sale :)

Don't panic, contact the seller...for that price, he should be willing to help you all he can.

ETA:  I don't know now, that could be a play on names to deceive...contact Jordy Ishnoo, not the other and alert him to this and see if he has the alias name also

Fluffy...I just heard back from the real owner of Dolphin Design.  Your first instinct was correct, it is not him selling the one you purchased.  He is reporting it to Linden Lab.  I'm not sure what can be done for you, if LL will get involved.  That is a heck of a lot of money to lose.  File a ticket to get some advice.  I'm sorry this happened to you :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.