Clean up the Forums!

LlazarusLlong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Given your experience Caity, thank you for being brave enough to contribute to this discussion.

Thank you LLaz
:)
. I think I am not the only one who left this medium for the sake of not getting ones account in danger, as we know....eventually when one gets too many warnings, LL can decide to ban you inworld as well.

This forum, and its risks it obviously brings with it -  due to some individuals who love to play God and feel the need to report just because they can - , is not worth jeopardising 'Caity' inworld. I have always enjoyed it here,  the forum being a part of my overall SL experience, but the anonymous abuse in here: no thanks.

This needed to emphasized. Are you seeing this Xiola?

Waves to Cait.

:matte-motes-silly:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many may have realised (you too, probably, Caity) I am also unwilling to post in these forums with my main, so as not to jeopardise an extensive inventory of free system dinner jackets that don't fit and a negative Linden dollar balance (as a result of group land fee charges and a couple of divorces) as well as a massive database of no longer extant places he was banned from, for example, for pointing out to the owner of a medieval role playing sim that discussion of diet aids was OOC in an environment where almost everybody was close to starvation.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

As many may have realised (you too, probably, Caity)
I am also unwilling to post in these forums with my main,

I did indeed and I totally understand. The current, and past years, environment here in this forum, created the opposite of   a safe place for people expressing themselves.

An opinion is considered trolling...a joke is seen as griefing and moderators seem to be  afraid of :  #jesuis.....

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

I did indeed and I totally understand. The current, and past years, environment here in this forum, created the opposite of   a safe place for people expressing themselves.

An opinion is considered trolling...a joke is seen as griefing and moderators seem to be  afraid of :  #jesuis.....

Troll! ;P

Ima Rang wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Troll! ;P

GRIEFER!

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Troll! ;P

GRIEFER!

Why I NEVAH!!! 

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Are you trolling me, Derek?

Me? Nooo!

I am just an interested bystander.

Ok, well maybe a little.

;-)

Hey stranger!  It appears I missed all of the fun, again!

BTW, how did OBR go this year?  Seems I missed it too.  Twerk our way to awareness?

Ima Rang wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Are you trolling me, Derek?

Me? Nooo!

I am just an interested bystander.

Ok, well maybe a little.

;-)

Hey stranger!  It appears I missed all of the fun, again!

BTW, how did OBR go this year?  Seems I missed it too.  Twerk our way to awareness?

Hey!

Was a non-event.

I was soooo disappointed.

I heard they downgraded the OBR celebrations in sympathy with the Greeks having to drain Lake Ouzo as part of the austerity measures enforced on them by those germanic types who lent them the money to construct the Moussaka Damn in the first place.

Next up, the Spaghetti Forest will have to be cut down as it does not contribute to the fight against global warming climate change, and Sicily will be booted out of Italy

LlazarusLlong wrote:

I heard they downgraded the OBR celebrations in sympathy with the Greeks having to drain Lake Ouzo as part of the austerity measures enforced on them by those germanic types who lent them the money to construct the Moussaka Damn in the first place.

Next up, the Spaghetti Forest will have to be cut down as it does not contribute to the fight against
global warming
climate change, and Sicily will be booted out of Italy

LOL.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Hi Caitlin!!

This is the first I've even hear about all this, but I generally stay in the animation or mesh sections. Now, I want to hear the whole story. Anyone got a blog link that talks all about this?

Pst.... is your inworld camera broken?

Hi Medhue,

I am afraid I don't understand what you mean with the whole story and why it should be on a blog? This is just a thread about these forums?

My inworld camera is not broken at all, I make tons of pictures every day :)

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Still no respect or consideration from the mods or the Community Manager.

I have lost one post this week, without notification but as it turned out it was swept away with someone else's post to which I accidentally replied instead of to the OP - so I was collateral damage. Oh well.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Still no respect or consideration from the mods or the Community Manager.

I have lost one post this week, without notification but as it turned out it was swept away with someone else's post to which I accidentally replied instead of to the OP - so I was collateral damage. Oh well.

well, make that two. LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

So nothing has really changed regarding the moderation process concerning disciplinary action. Despite assurances by Xiola to meet with the team and go over this process. No warning letters, and arbitrarily banning members simply for the accrued number of complaints filed, rather than by actually looking at the content and context of the post RICed and making a judgement as to the validity of the claim.

Is that the "best" they can do Xiola?

MODERATION has two meanings, Derek. Protection of the hypersensitive and cognitively disadvantaged in the forums from those at the other extremes of online competence is obviously an unwritten subtext within the ToS.

***Regardless of the stupidity and ingenuousness demonstrated by those being protected***

Pamela Galli wrote:

If this means what I think, then: Seriously Xiola??? Just when we thought this place might have have some potential to be more than a repressive backwater?

Hell, my polite requests for clarification concerning a removed post notification has gone unanswered by both the mod concerned and Xiola for well over 3 weeks.

News this morning reached my attention concerning another ridiculous disciplinary action taken.

So, yes, it means what you think it means.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.