Churches / Temples in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was sure there used to be a thread showing off different churches and temples in Second Life. I just built one myself so I was looking to go and babble about it in that thread, yet search is failing me here. :)

So I'll start a new one.

If you know of any churches, temples, mosques, shrines, etc, post up images and any info (if they have it).

I don't really have any 'info' for mine. Its just a place for people to go on their own and enjoy:

Ethiopian / Rastafarian church:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blumfield/179/68/27

Church_001.jpg

Church_005.jpg

I've seen one or two here and there around SL. Some of them simple, some of them grand. If you've got any you like, post em up. :)

Yes there was a topic about churches, where did it go?

Anyway, in our 1920s Berlin sim we have a lovely church, best thing about it that we have a priest who has his services there, even some in latin as they used to do back then!

There is a 1920s Dresscode (freebies at the entrance) and our priest won't hear your confession (his ears are still glowing red from last time) but it is a nice quiet place to contemplate busy life outside or play some organ music.

5209394403_5aa33dd708_z.jpgSnapshot_139.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes there was a topic on religious buildings in SL which I started some months ago. Sadly it rapidly degenerated in a religion war and the thread was closed by Joana Moderator in agreement with me as it was going out of control. I hope your thread does not get derailed as mine was, Pussycat. :smileyhappy: (your church is gorgeous, btw)

So I am posting again two of my favorites in SL:

The Mont Saint-Michel

mont saint-michel1.jpg

mont saint-michel2.jpg

And the Sistine Chapel of course

sistine.jpg

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.