Cenotaph Memorial Park

Kalmeira Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On this, 11/11/12, it was wonderful to be able to go to the best SL Cenotaph to be part of the Remembrance Sunday event. An absolutely stunning build, this has a replica war memorial, and fields of remembrance, where you can leave your own poppy tributes. Wreaths and poppy crosses are free. Rorrim Wrigglesworth and those working with her deserve full praise for giving us a place to commemorate The Glorious Dead. It is a permanent memorial, well worth a visit.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/RoBeck%20Isle/170/65/23

Hi Kalmeira

Thanks for posting this here. And thankyou and thanks to all those who visited today. I can only apologise for not being there from the outset today. RL got in the way, as it has done so for the past few weeks.

I did appreciate your comments and the comments from the others who were there today.

As I said I am reapplying to SL/LL to see if they will ass this to the Destination Guide... again. It was listed last year, but I removed it due to a region rebuild, so I relocated it to its new location and made it into a Memorial Park.

Cenotaph - Whitehall, London

WhiteHall London

My version of the Cenotaph

RoBeck Isle Cenotaph Memorial Park

Please do visit this and let me know what you think

(I'm making a newer version.. 3D text on the Cenotaph and the correct textures as well as a few other minor updates for this)

I'll be making a few minor improvements to the park itself as well.

My Garden of Remembrance has a media player in it and it is set to play a few different videos at the present time.

Currently running will be either the Royal British Legion - Two Minutes Silence video from last year as well as a video called "The Average British Soldier" among others.

The Royal British Legion website is here as is the National Memorial Arboretum

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/

We help serving members of the Armed Forces, ex-Service men and women and their families, now and for the rest of their lives.

http://www.thenma.org.uk/

It’s not a cemetery. It’s a place of life, represented by the 50,000 trees planted here, where older and younger generations alike can wander and wonder.
Covering 150 acres, the Arboretum has something for everyone. For some it’s a wonderful place to stroll and enjoy the trees; for others it's a peaceful and beautiful place to remember loved ones, particularly those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

Please do visit these links to find out more them

The Cenotaph Memorial Park in Second Life

A little bit of info for people who wish to visit this Park

Please make sure that your RenderVolumeLODFactor level is set to at least 2:00 or higher..

Mesh and sculpty objects are used in this region along with the normal basic prims

In the bar along the top of the viewer got to

Advanced >

Show Debug Settings >

then go down the list to:  Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S

Enter the following in the Debug Settings popup box that will open up:

RenderVolumeLODFactor

then set the level to at least 4:00

Hope this helps you with your viewing and time in the Park.

I'm posting a link on here from the Destination Guide and I've posted it on Secondlife Facebook page, as well as on mine too

Thanks to whoever got this put onto the Destination Guide. I do appreciate it.

However, I contacted SL/LL - again- on Monday to get the text altered as it is incorrect and it's still not been amended from what I'm looking at today - Wed 14th Nov-

No offence to people from the USA but this is a BRITISH and Commonwealth war memorial, not an American one. So if anyone from Linden Labs reads this could you kindly amend this to reflect what I emailed to you on Monday of this week as sending this in via your Destination Guide online request form doesn't appear to have worked - any of the three times I tried. :)

https://secondlife.com/destination/cenotaph-memorial-park

Also while I'm on here I'd like to thank those who sent me messages on Sunday and also those who sent donations, I do appreciate the sentiment and your kind words too.

Also I am considering what some peopel suggested on Sunday as well. It's being looked into at the present time,

Thanks again to all those who attended and all those who have been to the Memorial since Sunday as well.

Thanks again,

I got a response from LL about this.

Sent another email.... (!) about this. LL claim not to have recieved it.. so I forwarded it to them with an addendum on it.. so they can see the time/date on it along with the correct text I want on it.

They updated it.. and didn't add the correct text.. another email sent requesting them.. please add the text I want on it.. highlighted it and explained that this memorial is dedicated to the British and Commonwealth armed forces and that it's been in Whitehall, London since 1921 and what occurs there annually every November.

Now I just have to sit back and wait to see if they update it... again. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.