whats with mens pants ?

lonewolfnz Cyberstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,  I have noticed that mens pants theese days are mostly sitting down off the waiste , what i find frustrating as this style has transfered over to leather / biker style jeans and leather pants .  There has never been a time i recall being around the biker scene  seeing this trend . Other friends have made the same comments ,and to us this is more a hip hop style,  I just wanted to make this point maybe other biker friends out there have thought the same , and hopefully designers / makers will take this into consideration  There are alot of great leather biker type jeans but this really puts me off buying them . just wanted to put that out there .

I agree with you and so does my partner who refuses to buy them. Droopy drawers are NOT at all biker.

Actually that Hip Hop look originated in prisons.  Many women, don't find it attractive at all.  Designers should make them for the Hip Hop community, but don't use the same mesh templates for pants for outside that community or at least also offer regular pants.

And I agree whole heartedly!  So does my partner,  he got a really nice leather suit, but won't wear the pants to it cause they have that stupid hanging crotch, makes him look deformed lol..  I don't make many men's clothes, but usually if I do it is not pants, because I have to use mesh templates that I buy, (my mesh program won't save in .dae format yet and I am not into messing around in two or three programs just to get mesh into SL)  anyhow, most of the templates are those low crotch low waist pants.. so I don't make em.

AND NO A LOT of women don't like them and certainly DO NOT think it is attractive AT ALL!  

forget the cut, im bothered that all the mens pants i find require me to increase the size of my male avs ASS! im not talking a tiny adjust, im talking "now the man has a booty bigger then nikki." i've given up making a "normal" male avatar because of how badly mesh clothing fits unless you have a specific shape. and thats a shape i don't want to use.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Someone commented here that this hip-hop look originated in prison.  This is partly true.  This way of wearing pants has nothing to do with hip-hop, though it did originate within the prison community.  It is sexual signaling, and I am sure you folks can figure out the rest.  The irony is the majority of the young black men who wear their pants in this manner have absolutely no clue what it actually means.  If they did know, I doubt it would be regarded as something dope.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.