seller issue

Amethyst Damour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone

hope i'm posting this in the right section....

I recently purchased some boots from a shop in world that came with a colour change HUD.

The problem is the HUD doesnt seem to work!

ive tried all the usssual things i.e reattach the HUD try it in a low lag sim etc but it just doesnt work at all.

i have sent the owner 2 note cards over the course of a week but not had any reply and feel this is really bad customer service  :(

any ideas what i can do now as i really dont want to just trash the boots cause they dont work!!!!

Thanks

Amethyst Damour

If the creator will not respond, I am afraid you are stuck.  All creators who use huds really need to test them completely before releasing the product,  like a quality test. I know I do.  And if by some chance something still goes wrong after the customer gets the product, I want to know about it so i can fix it.   So I would keep attempting to reach the creator (things do happen perhaps they are out of town or lost connection to the net or something).  If this creator wants a decent reputation they will respond. 

Too bad you didn't get them from MP..  leaving a comment would be helpful.

The problem may not be the HUD but the boots not responding.  Try rezzing both the HUD and the boots on the ground then resetting the scripts, if it is allowed.  That usually fixes most issues like this.

Otherwise be patient.  The seller may be ill or out of town or have other RL issues that prevent them from logging in.  You could also try to IM them, as many merchants have IM's go to their email.

I'm having a similar issue with a big name lingerie store in sl :(

purchased some lingerie with a gift card, the card was charged but i never received the item.

i sent a nc with all the details to the creator and haven't heard a word.

i'm disappointed because any other time i've had issues, creators have been wonderful in responding and making things 

right.

Jaycie18 wrote:

I'm having a similar issue with a big name lingerie store in sl
:(

purchased some lingerie with a gift card, the card was charged but i never received the item.

i'm disappointed because any other time i've had issues, creators have been wonderful in responding and making things 

right.

Jaycie18 wrote:

I'm having a similar issue with a big name lingerie store in sl
:(

right.

Go back to the store and see if they have a redelivery terminal.  Most big merchants have them.  If they do, you can get a replacement from that.

Jaycie18 wrote:

update!   my friend read the creator's profile and saw she was on vacation. she pointed out the person to contact and after 

sending a nc with all the info i did recieve my item! 

i'm shopping with confidence again
;)

I never understand why people do not read the profiles of people they are trying to contact. 

Welcome to SL, where 90% of all creators are snobs, a-holes or generally provide terrible (usually nonexistent) customer service because their RL probably sucks and want to vent in SL, and there's is absolutely nothing you can do because LL couldn't care less about pissed off customers (more impulse purchases = more $ in circulation = more $ for LL). People will generally give the excuse "oh they're not online that much" or "they're online but busy doing something else". Complete BS. If you don't have time to answer customer queries wtf are you selling stuff in SL for full price? Ever heard of hiring a CSR? Or redirecting IM's to your mailbox?

This is why:

- Buy stuff from marketplace if possible. Leave a 1-star review if you're pissed off or receives a bad product. Won't do much but at least you can vent. Also you can check product reviews to see if it's "safe" to buy it

- Never buy anything too expensive unless it's from a VERY trusted creator (like Truth or Belleza). People must be nuts to think about spending 2000L on some unknown mesh body from an unknown creator

- No demo = no buy. Simple as that. 99% of the time no demo means the product sucks and the creator is afraid if you try out the demo, you won't buy it

Buying stuff in SL is like investing in a stock, you're never sure of the quality and there is zero refund policy. In fact I've bought defective products before and certain a-hole creators just told me to "suck it up" instead of redelivering.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Welcome to SL, where 90% of all creators are snobs, a-holes or generally provide terrible (usually nonexistent) customer service

Right, like the seller of the OP, who went on vacation. Terrible!  

Funny how most people report excellent service from 90% of sellers and others such as yourself report terrible service from 90%. Makes you wonder why that is. 

Suki Hirano wrote:

Welcome to SL, where 90% of all creators are snobs, a-holes or generally provide terrible (usually nonexistent) customer service because their RL probably sucks and want to vent in SL

I take great exception to this on two levels.  One as a consumer I have gotten at least 90% good service any time I have needed help or even had a question for almost every creator I have dealt with. There has only been 2 exceptions in 10 years I would say that is not bad.  

On the second level as a creator, I take pride in my creations, they are my hard work and efforts, and if there is something wrong with my product I want to know so I can fix it.  I will always respond to a sane request for assistance from a customer, and if the problem is legit, do my best to fix it.  And yes we are people in RL too and do take vacations and trips away from computers.. most of us do leave messages but if folks don't think to check we can't do much about that.

And on a final note with regards to this statement: "
RL probably sucks and want to vent in SL",  making a comment like yours kinda sounds like your own situation.. hmmmmmm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.