Will my customers get an automatic update from my shop?

Lex Macabre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :)

I was just wondering about this. 

I have to update one of my items for my shop and was wondering if all my customers who bought this item will recieve an update for it or not, or do I have to do this manually?

I was also wondering if someone could explain to me in lamemen terms what the magic box is useful for

Thank you

They will not get automatic updates, that's for you to take care of.  There are various methods, none of which involve Marketplace.  Such a feature would be a useful one and that's why we won't get it.  You need to ask for something pointless and that nobody needs, that will be implemented rapidly.

A magic box is a legacy solution for providing content for sale via Marketplace, it is no longer needed.

One way:

Track your marketplace history and send, all who bought, an update.

If it´s scriptable, you could have put an update script in that checks - bit like windows update. But that´s to late for you now and won´t work in e.g. system clothes ....

Have a script in a prim inworld that you feed with the names and products sold. Then if you drop the update onto that prim it "automatically" sends the new items around.

All ways still need alot of manual work, 2 of them (scripted), needs items that are prepared before sell.

Monti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.