What are those tips that changed your SL?

Harper Beresford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In my SL a few well placed tips changed my SLife:

Wear a skirt shape with system skirts.

skirt.jpg

Make a copy of items before adjusting them.

(No photo.. heh. I forgot to save my work.)

Eyes are very important. Pay close attention to how they fit, look on you, match what you are wearing, etc.

ikon1_002a.png

That bling? Not so good.

bling.jpg

Girls can wear men's hair. It won't affect your hormones.

harper_beresford.jpg

What were some of your SLife changing lessons?

• Like 1

Breasts don't have to be maxed on the slider to be sexy.

Prim cuffs on pants rock.

Prims do actually have to be adjusted to fit; that skirt that could hold two of you isn't actually meant to hold two of you, so it's okay to resize it!

Not all designers are created equal.

Accessorize.

Prim nails are good, prim feet are good, color matching is the stuff of nightmares but UI "show color under cursor" and a windlight setting are the best tools ever when it comes to color matching.

Don't use too bulky of a shape when trying to look muscular. It just ends up making you look boxy. When I started SL I tried to imitate my RL appearance at that time and just ended up looking like the incredible "bulk" instead. Less is more sometimes when dealing with pixels.

Also a skirt shape is just as important for men to wear when wearing suit jackets with system skirts. It really makes a difference in appearance. 

• Like 1

Some of my favorites:

• Shift-drag to create a copy
  • Build > Copy selection
  • Using Ctrl + 0, Ctrl + 8, and Ctrl + 9 for photos, for building, and for fitting prim lashes :P
  • Discovering the openalign script

And, okay, this isn't exactly a "tip" but it deserves a mention, imo... Eloh's skin files! Not only did she make me appreciate our talented skin designers even more, her thoughtful layout/organization of her PS files made an impression on me and affected the way I've worked in PS ever since. Lol, my old PS files were pretty haphazard but now they're all tidy and orderly.

The best tip i learned is this,  you can use when you are a cloud or ruthed and nothing seems working to fix it:

- always keep a folder with a complete avatar (shape, skin, eyes), hair, clothes and shoes

- when you are in the above poor conditions, REPLACE your outfit using that folder

It seems work great and it always does!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.