Trying to stop using an LL head.

LibertinaValkyria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mkay, I'm trying to get my hands on a mesh head. 

Already wasted 500L on an M3+ Venus Anime head and it turns out the damn thing glows and has a terrible skin-tint HUD. Seriously, when is the spectrum map of colors going to be phased out for a grown-up RGB input? There's too many products out there that still use it. FFS even Slink has a manual input.

The marketplace is no help because when I search for Mesh Head it just gives me more Utilizator child-avi results, Catwa's 4k heads, and a ton of skin appliers.

Are there any mesh head out there for humans that aren't a ripoff? I've got 500L left after attempting to make the anime head work on a Kitties Lair "Lena Perky" body... Even if it's more than that I'd like to know, so I have something to save up for.

The Utilizator anime heads are mostly for use with one of the Utilizator bodies. The presets work perfectly with the presets for their bodies, and skin creators who make for them usually make *specifically* for them. It's not really intended to be worn with any other body. (Although I won't be surprised when someone chimes in and says they've gotten it to work perfectly. That's not really what it's designed for, regardless.)

Even 1000L is low for a mesh head. The amount of work that goes into them is HUGE, so the price is high to match. The only head I know of that is under 1000L is the EVE head from Absolut Creations, which is 875L and doesn't have many appliers that I'm aware of. Most are between 2500L and 5000L. 

Mesh Body Addicts is an awesome blog that includes reviews of both bodies and heads, along with tons of other stuff. Check there to see some of the major heads on the market. 

Genesis Labs isn't on there, as far as I know. They have some GORGEOUS heads, which until recently were only available in gachas. Looks like that may have changed! I'm still not sure how many appliers are out there for them, sadly, but they are amazingly pretty. 

• Like 1

Of course the prices are ridiculous for something like this... Because why put something out, make it affordable, and get people to constantly give you business when you can just gouge those who can afford to take the risk? Most products I've seen with these pricetags wind up 1. lacking customer support and 2. have limited market support in terms of compatible items.

But, I digress. Far be it from me to teach business to those comfortable on their pedistals. 

Changed my mind then, it seems the technology's not there to make heads affordable like bodies can be yet.

Most mesh heads will run 2-3K. That usually includes several skin tones, expressions huds, lipsticks, blush and makeup choices. Some also include hair bases, eyes, eyelashes, and eyebrows. I've tried Pumec, Genesis, Eve, Lelutka and LOGO. They all have demos available. You'll have to try them and find the options you like. I presonally use the LOGO head.

• Like 1

Yeah, skin tones that won't match anything else you own and expression huds that are useless. Unless it's including an actual full selection of makeup colors/types, it's more like a starter pack before you have to buy your own. In my experience, mesh body makers are not texture artists and thus put out junk in that regard. 

As for all the other things "included", You might as well be breaking down how buying a new car includes an engine, doors, windows, and wheels. That which is put into this absurd pricetag is more like new-computer bloatware.

In the end, I stand by the idea that "Price is high because of all the work put into it!" is bull**bleep**.

• 2 weeks later...

The mesh heads that are out there are all very similar imo. Sure you can change the makeup and such but it is still the same head has many others before you have purchased, The other side of that is if you bought your shape from a shop then you have the same issue. The expressions that the mesh heads do have are neat but you still end up looking like a statue. But you should do what you want just know what makes you special is the decesions you make on dressing your avatar. I have a friend she refuses to wear mesh bodies, or heads and she looks good.

• 2 weeks later...

LibertinaValkyria wrote:

Yeah, skin tones that won't match anything else you own and expression huds that are useless. Unless it's including an actual full selection of makeup colors/types, it's more like a starter pack before you have to buy your own. In my experience, mesh body makers are not texture artists and thus put out junk in that regard. 

As for all the other things "included", You might as well be breaking down how buying a new car includes an engine, doors, windows, and wheels. That which is put into this absurd pricetag is more like new-computer bloatware.

In the end, I stand by the idea that "Price is high because of all the work put into it!" is bull**bleep**.

In regards to that last statement... it helps to keep in mind that setting prices that high is the seller's prerogative and it is your choice whether to spend your money on virtual items or whatnot. If spending between $8-10 (USD) is going to break your bank, then just don't worry about it. You can be just as comfortable wearing a stardard LL head/body. 

LibertinaValkyria wrote:

In regards to that last statement... it helps to keep in mind that setting prices that high
is
the seller's prerogative and it
is
your choice whether to spend your money on virtual items or whatnot. If spending between $8-10 (USD) is going to break your bank, then just don't worry about it. You can be just as comfortable wearing a stardard LL head/body. 

A good "head" usually has several "layers". Each "layer" is another head. So..you have the basic head, skin layer, lipstick layer, eye makeup layer, blush layer, hair base layer, eyelash layer, expressions layer, etc. Each of those layers is another head so it is a LOT of work as each on has to be a pixel difference in size. Don't know about you, but I can't even get a simple table made using Blender. I have no idea how the mesh makers do it and have it look as good as it does. If you think it's too much, you don't have to buy it.

The most expensive one that I would consider buy is the Catwa, which runs around 4K, give or take. That's about $17 USD, depending on the exchange rate. So, about 2-3 trips to McDonalds or 2 Subway footlongs or 4-5 Starbucks coffees (depending on what you get), to put it into perspective. You want one...take your lunch a couple of days and bring your coffee from home and you'll have the money in a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

17 bucks for something that' s not even the entire body is insane. These prices are just part of a cycle I keep seeing with high-priced mesh parts:

1. It takes a lot of work! I better make it expensive.
2. This is expensive, I'm not wasting my money on this.
3. People aren't buying this mesh part, I'm not making content to use with it.
4. Nobody's making things to go with this head, why should I buy it?
5. I'm not making any profit at all from this head, like hell am I lowering the price, after all...

And so on and so forth.

Yes, people who can manipulate Blender and whatever other programs are out there should be paid their due. But despite it being their perogative to set a price, they also limit the amount of people who would be actually buying the product to troubleshoot and advertise it. Yes, they include skins and makeup but Unless it's including an actual full selection of makeup colors/types, it's more like a starter pack before you have to buy your own. In my experience, mesh body makers are not texture artists and thus put out junk in that regard. So why should I be paying for their default textures if I'm just replacing them with ones meant to match my skin anyway?

It's not about my bank getting broken by spending $16.37 (Current value of 4k L$), it's about not being ripped off.

Still not getting a mesh head, still hoping for developers with sense to someday overtake these brands.

LibertinaValkyria wrote:

17 bucks for something that' s not even the entire body is insane. These prices are just part of a cycle I keep seeing with high-priced mesh parts:

2. This is expensive, I'm not wasting my money on this.

3. People aren't buying this mesh part, I'm not making content to use with it.

4. Nobody's making things to go with this head, why should I buy it?

5. I'm not making any profit at all from this head, like hell am I lowering the price, after all...

And so on and so forth.

Yes, people who can manipulate Blender and whatever other programs are out there should be paid their due. But despite it being their perogative to set a price, they also limit the amount of people who would be actually buying the product to troubleshoot and advertise it. Yes, they include skins and makeup but 
U
nless it's including an actual full selection of makeup colors/types, it's more like a starter pack before you have to buy your own. In my experience, mesh body makers are not texture artists and thus put out junk in that regard.
 So why should I be paying for their default textures if I'm just replacing them with ones meant to match my skin anyway?

It's not about my bank getting broken by spending $16.37 (Current value of 4k L$), it's about not being ripped off.

Still not getting a mesh head, still hoping for developers with sense to someday overtake these brands.

Seems to me that the only one suggesting that you do get one here was your ownself in your original post.

If you really want a mesh head,you don't have to spend 20 USD...that's the most expensive one and it does have the most options. Do remember that for every "layer" , that's another head layer. I believe that Catwa, the one you are talking about, said that her head has 20+ layers to it...that's that many heads that are about 1 pixel difference. LOGO, the one I use, makes one that's 1/2 the price.

Let's put things into perspective. You don't want to spend $20 USD, you want the maker to lower the price. $20 USD is, depending on what you order, no more than 3-4 meals at your local McDonalds/fast food restaraunt. So, you forgo the fast food 4 times and you'll have the money. That would also be about the price for dinner and a movie for 2. Just depends on what you want to spend your money on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.