TMP Designer Kit Issue

Brian88888

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a noob at creation, but am trying to learn how to create clothes for the TMP mesh body. The issue is at what scale should I import the fbx? 1.0 as scale imports it as very very small. And I am imagining working on that will give me tiny clothes. Any way to verify things are setup correctly before I start modelling?

Thanks!

You might want to do some research on TMP and designing for that body. It is pretty much "out the door" with the top three being Maitreya, Slink and Belleza.  Lots on the forums about TMP :D

You might also want to check into Avastar since most clothes designers in SL use that (an add on program).

Brian88888 wrote:

I am a noob at creation, but am trying to learn how to create clothes for the TMP mesh body.

You are far better off skipping the dead-end beta level TMP body and designing for one of the other high quality amazing bodies like slink, adam/eve, matreya, avatar 2, and many more.

The TMP is a product with no future. In a few weeks/months when bento switches on it will be last-gen, obsolete, with anything made for it unsellable.

Abandon ship now and don't waste your precious time.

However to answer your question, the scale doesn't matter. When the rigging takes hold the clothes will grow or shrink to that size. In my humble eyes it's better to work 1:1 or smaller as it's kinder on busy venues.

There is one brand of head - on appearing in a busy sim - is 20M x 20M x 20M and until the mesh loads for everyone all they see is this huge greay head shape hitting everything.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.