Stockings with shoes?

Valentine Tiger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are not using mesh feet i.e slink, or a mesh body, then you should probably be looking for something non mesh, in the form of pants and feet covering for classic avatars.  Off hand I actually do not know of any particular place for you to look,  but you might try MP..  and put stockings, and classic avatar in your search.  That is likely what I would do to start.

I know AviCandy still includes system layers with their stockings.  I sent you a set just now to try out and see if that is what you are needing.

If you look on Market Place, any that say "clasic avatar" or "layer clothing" will work.

Here is another sample from Wretch (I just browsed a little and saw this, I have not bought anything from them before) where they say it contains layers for system bodies.

When shopping on the marketplace you need to make sure the description says it either works with Standard or Classic Avi's or comes on clothing/tattoo layers i've been caught out by not reading descriptions properly. While AviCandy is good at including system layers some of their styles are only for mesh 

Valentine Tiger wrote:

Does anyone make stockings that can be worn with shoes? Looking for something simple, not slink feet or appliers. Anyone??

Your single biggest problem is simple. Most of the available non-slink shoes (and we'll include shoes for other mesh feet too) incorporate their own (quite often sculpted) foot as a permanent part of the shoe, and the uv mapping on those won't be the same as any other brand, or as your SL system foot, and only some of them have any kind of 'stocking' compatability at all.

So while system stockings are still widely available, getting them to work with strappy sandals (non-modern mesh feet compatible) is basically a no-hoper.

So, look for brands of footwear that do reasonable and totaly closed in boots, wear your system linferie with those, and it's all good. Boots are the non-mesh-feet wearers friends, I have a lot of boots from my pre-mesh days, andeven now, since maitreya shoes are less common than slink, I still wear boots.

Search the MP for lingerie and yeah you'll see a lot of appliers, but many of those still include system layers for Classic system avatars.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.