So, mesh?

Isadora Corral

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am sorry but I am confused about your statement: "Are mesh clothing items without appliers even a thing anymore?"

As far as I know mesh clothing has never required appliers.  It is system layer clothing that require appliers for mesh bodies.  Mesh clothing requires alpha layers most times but never appliers..

ahhh ok, smiles,  yes I use both actually I make mostly mesh clothing still, but once in awhile I will do something that is part mesh and part system (with appliers) if that is what works best for my design.  I wear both still as well,  what ever looks best..  I love my mesh outfits and if I can get them to work with my mesh body I will certainly do that,  but if it is just impossible and I really like the mesh outfit I revert back to the old sl body with alpha and mesh clothing..  I am of the mind that since we now have so many choices, we are free to pick and choose what works best for us individually..  Celebrated 10 years in SL today, and I for one am enjoying the choices we did not used to have lol.

"Actually it's appliers that are becoming obsolete. The current fashion is mesh clothing in fitted mesh designed for a particular mesh body."

Totally disagree.. I see more and more non mesh clothes makers adding appliers to their releases new and older releases.. so appliers are NOT becoming obsolete...  As for "the curent fashion"  being mesh clothing in fitted mesh designed for a particular mesh body..  although that is nice  it sure is limiting in terms of what is available..  Personally as I said before I like the wide choice of fashion available, and do not nor do I ever intend to follow "current fashion trends"..  that is the beauty of SL, anything and everything can be tailored to any individual taste.. Even as a designer I do not follow so called "trends".

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Isadora Corral wrote:

Are mesh clothing items without appliers even a thing anymore?

Actually it's
appliers
that are becoming obsolete. The current fashion is mesh clothing in fitted mesh designed for a particular mesh body.

Seeing as Slink did what most thought unthinkable and agreed to making an update that was Omega compatible, I don't think appliers are going anywhere.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Isadora Corral wrote:

Actually it's
appliers
that are becoming obsolete. The current fashion is mesh clothing in fitted mesh designed for a particular mesh body.

Seeing as Slink did what most thought unthinkable and agreed to making an update that was Omega compatible, I don't think appliers are going anywhere.

They'll still be used for skins and tattoos but the same product that introduced Omega compatibility for Slink also came with fitted mesh underwear.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Isadora Corral wrote:

Actually it's
appliers

They'll still be used for skins and tattoos but the same product that introduced Omega compatibility for Slink also came with fitted mesh underwear.

Yes, the slink male mesh body came with a pair of no mod fitted boxers... Big whoop. The female body comes with skirts and dresses. People still clamored everyday in the Omega group about Slink not being compatible. Now that they are everyone in that group has been talking about it. So, apparently people do want Slink clothing appliers.

I think it is up to the individual.

I have a Maitreya body and Lelutka head. I use the underware applier that came with the body and I just got my first tattoo applier. Beyond that I wear mostly closely fitted mesh garments of STANDARD SIZING. For me the standard sizes fit pretty much perfectly. If you are less than standard sizing then I suspect that the fitted mesh would work better. A recent pole of mesh body folks seemed to suggest that most prefer fitted mesh. Since I have been a standard size most of my life it isn't important to me!

Mesh clothing is definitely not on the way out :D.  

Right now Slink feet still have a big portion of the market but as more folks buy mesh bodies then I suspect Maitreya will be the winner -- for awhile at least. The hud is outstanding and having it all fit together perfectly is a plus.   I have some mesh garments that fit me so closely it is difficult to tell they are not "textures".  OK. That is a bit of an exageration, but there are some great designers out there!

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Isadora Corral wrote:

Actually it's
appliers

Yes, the slink male mesh body came with a pair of no mod fitted boxers... Big whoop. The female body comes with skirts and dresses. People still clamored everyday in the Omega group about Slink not being compatible. Now that they are everyone in that group has been talking about it. So, apparently people do want Slink clothing appliers.

You could always make clothing appliers for the Slink body, you just needed to apply for a separate kit. The only change Omega compatibility creates is that the same applier can be used for the Slink body as any other Omega application.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.