Seamless Stockings?

Lex Macabre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there :)

For a few months now I've been creating, but I have run into another hurdle like you do as your learning, but for the life of me i've searched and searched everywhere to find out a better way to create seamless stockings or to get help in matching up seams more easily. There has to be another way than trying to inch by inch for 8 hours match up seams in photoshop???

Usually I am able to research my way to find an answer to most of the issues that come up but this I have not come up with much after months of looking.

I found that your able to use photoshop extended  to download the mesh avi files to paint on directly, but that only comes in the extended version, which I don't have.

Then I stumbled upon Multi Chan Hax website and the various plugs in your able to download for photoshop but that only runs on a 34 bit system when my computer is  64 bit, plus the last post on the website was back in 2012 and I thought surely something new has been made since then that I'm not finding??

I went looking at the secondlife wiki for answers, but most links I clicked were no longer working.

Is there any other solutions out there that someone could guide me to or are these the only options I have?

I try to learn everything for myself before having to ask ppl for help but this just has me frustrated :(

I hope someone can help me find a soluation here

Thank you

Here's one way:-

• You open Blender and import the SL avatar model.
  • You assign the texture to the mesh.
  • You bake out the result to the UV map.

Sounds simple but that's kinda the way that you do it so that the texture on the model can happily cross seams while the baked result is the outcome on the 2D UV map.  That's the thing you're trying to paint on and in effect trying to do the completely opposite process to arrive at a lined up solution which as you've discovered, is quite hard.

This shows what I mean in a very simplistic way, drawing on the model on the left, crossing seams and the texture result on the right.  You won't struggle if you're trying to do something simple with few seams crossings but if you're trying to do say fishnet across the seams, that's a different challenge altogether.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.