Program to Preview Clothing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's been a few years since I've designed anything, and I lost all my former Photoshop files and anything else I used to create.

There was a tiny program that basically showed avatars and allowed you to preview the clothing on it so you didn't have to worry about uploading and wasting money if it didn't fit correctly.

I am referring to regular system clothing (not mesh or sculpties).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Yes, we all used that program for many years.  It was nice for its time.  Today, though, you can use Local Textures for previewing any textures (including clothing) before uploading them permanently.  Take a look >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Rolig_Loon/Local_Textures  .  One of the nicest things about Local Textures (other than being free) is that any changes that you make on your computer (in Photoshop or GIMP, for example) and then save to your hard drive will immediately appear on the local texture that you have applied in world.  That means you can wear a local texture while you work on it in Photoshop and see how each of your edits looks.

• Like 1

I'm using Firefox so I am able to view it as an upper female body, but my question lies in what happens if I have a Lower part that needs to line up with the Upper part. I can't do that using the regular way.

Hence where that program may come in handy...something that allows me to use two different body parts on one avatar.

Ineed Serenity wrote:

I'm using Firefox so I am able to view it as an upper female body, but my question lies in what happens if I have a Lower part that needs to line up with the Upper part. I can't do that using the regular way.

Hence where that program may come in handy...something that allows me to use two different body parts on one avatar.

Sure you can. Go into Appearance mode, select Edit Outfit, and create a new shirt and new pants (or new skirt).  Then apply your local textures to each of the two.  Save the outfit.  Your avatar will be wearing the new clothes, with your local textures, as long as you are still logged in. Because you can see any updates that you make to your textures in Photoshop as soon as you  save them, that's an ideal way to see how well you have aligned the upper and lower body textures.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.