Paying what its worth for custom gowns.

Sophia Trefusis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had an encounter with a rude customer... Maybe this isnt the right forum. But I have to let it out.

I met this person walking around one of my shops. She approached me and started saying "she owned most of my gowns" Of course I thanked her for supporting my work.

Then she asked if she could comission a gown from me and I said that she should tell me what she wanted..if it was something id get inspired by.

She walked me over to another designers stall and stated she wanted a gown that looked similar to "that picture" And I was told to make it as real looking as i could. I wondered if i was the right person for the job as it seemed she doubted my abilities.

"No"

The more i kept thinking of it the more offended I got :(

People have been known to pay 1500-2000 L for my custom work. And that were cases of the customers allowing me to resell those items. I work really hard at my textures and create them from scratch.

I didnt know what to say...I said I would do it. Thinking I would make it and put it up for sale and then she could by from the vendor.

Then she demanded an extra item,an acessorie. I said I wasnt sure Id be able to make it in one week. I have other ongoing projects and there was simply no way I could make it in such a short time. She kept insisting "one week"

So i made an exuse I "have to go meet a friend"

Today she IM me with a complaint about a gown she bought from me "its too dark" and mention of the sum she had to pay :(((((  

Now I may come off as unhelpful and unprofessional..

But the last time I encountered a girl like this she ended up IM-ing me constantly with every small complaint...and copyboted my skirt.  Anyone recognize this?

Better to mute such demanding rude customer. That kind of behavior is outrageous! If they don't understand nice talk then they don't. Surely they might say bad things about you to their friends when they learn that there is no reply from you. But it might also be that they do not have such many friends as to affect your business in any way.

PS
Making something very similar to other designer's work is risky business. Better to stay away from it. It is silly for a customer even to ask a designer to do such thing.

We rp at the same places so I am bound to run into her and her broken english but still demanding IM-s

Her way of acting made me really really annoyed. She wanted something from me...I could have done without her measly amount of lindens.

I would never try to copy another designers work.Sometimes people will come to me and ask for a dress "just like that designers" Makes you wonder why they wont ask that one.  Ive had the opposite problem actually...with people copying my designs >_<

Wich was really silly of them because the era we rp in is a pretty tight-knit community with people who dont stand for that kind of stuff. Well most of them anyway--sometimes a rotten apple gets in :/

Thankfully I had enough friends to alert me to that theft :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.