Men's Fashion

Mog Munster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'd first like to thank those who have responded in my question in regard to men's AO. :smileyvery-happy: I did take your advice and visited the aforementioned shops.

Instead of just asking for LMs or browsing aimlessly through the marketplace to see what kind of clothings SL offer, I decided to use this opportunity to let guys show off their sense of style.  Any style of clothing is fine as long as it is PG.  The primary purpose of this post is entertainment, but hopefully it will provide some useful information for me and newbies in the process.  So start posting!

Thanks.

Not really, Val. Men's choices are limited and the nicer stuff tends, as a result, to sell itself as soon as you see it.

I'd also recommend that those guys who want to get an idea of the better men's stuff that's available take a trip to Mimi's Choice (for Men) where a good selection is gathered together. Also perhaps check out Redgrave and Sartoria. 

It is no secret that I sometimes log in as a male.

I don't roleplay as a guy, I use it because I get tired of female, female, female looks all the time. It was also funny to see how good I could make a male avatar. You can take a look at this set on Flickr, it is mostly male looks. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/sets/72157624467898926/with/4571003410/

Maybe it doesn't count because I'm female RL? :smileysurprised:

Best suit in SL? :x

Go check out Aoharus suits.. They are much nicer and very versatile in the way you can wear them and mix them with other things to really make them your own :)

Also don't forget you can also use parts from different stores to piece together your own suit..

finalkdlkd.jpg

Also here's some other outfits I pulled from my blog hehe :)

Final.jpgSnapshot_001.jpg54325345324532.jpg

And ofcourse, my current outfit :3

643563456.jpg

Tristen Starsider wrote:

Best suit in SL?
:x

Go check out Aoharus suits.. They are much nicer and very versatile in the way you can wear them and mix them with other things to really make them your own
:)

Also don't forget you can also use parts from different stores to piece together your own suit..

Also here's some other outfits I pulled from
hehe
:)

54325345324532.jpg

I like ^^this one^^. Not sure why, but I really like it. :)

Great shots, Tristen.

A different look, perhaps, but I'm surprised you feel able to assert much nicer.

The technique of pinching the jacket bottom under the chest and then widening over the hips using a non-flexi prim is commonly used. It works well in posed shots but is less impressive when the avatar moves; especially with longer lengthed jackets.  The particular feature of the suit I was wearing is that the jacket bottom hangs naturally.

Hehe sorry Ian that suit I posted a pic of wasn't the one I meant :x I just now took some quick pics to show you the Aoharu suit. It too uses the sculpted technique but instead of sliding it up under the pecs the entire jacket from coller to bottom hem is sculpted which I like a lot and if done right doesn't look too awkward, it also needs to be fitted right.. Too many guys just wear not just suits but shoes, hair, hats, glasses, jewellry etc right out of the box without fitting them. Almost everything you buy WILL need some fitting especially when it comes to scale.

Anyway here's some pics of the suit :x

the suit.jpg

When I pick clothing I like it to be versatile in the ways and styles in which you can wear it, as you can see from the pic above this suit is just that and I could probably squeeze a few more outfits out of this same suit. Though yours is a nice classic looking suit I would find it hard to make more than maybe two looks out of it. But that being said everyone looks for something different in the clothes they buy. I just think the sculpt quality of this suit is brilliant and the suit itself comes with a few different ways of wearing it without buying third party items. Also that bow tie shirt is sold as an addon at the same store (Aoharu).

Thanks everyone for the nice words :D and as for using filters the only thing I do is set my inworld light setting to CalWL. Basically it just makes it a more intense light and gets rid of a lot of shadows (sometimes too much) which can be replaced in photoshop using the burn tool or paintbrush set to low opacity.

EDIT: Right click the image and "view image" to see it at its natural size :x

Tristen

Thanks for posting pics of the black suit. Very nice!

I agree with your comments about flexibility. It remains to be seen whether the suit would work as well on my avatar. I think he may not be slim/skinny enough to carry the look off. I've experimented in the past with styles similar to those shown in your pics and, for whatever reason, there's something which never seems to look quite right.

My avatar seems more at ease when dressed plainly and relatively conservatively:

Undercroft59.jpg.

Where are the shoes from if you don't mind me asking?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.