Maitreya mesh body.....

Isadora Corral

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know if there are any templates for the Maitreya Lara body? Been trying to make textures for appliers and I mean it works alrighttttttttttt with the regular system templates but just looking to see if there is anything more specific to the body. 

ty! 

• Like 1

Easy enough to get the applier kit.Although for the clothing layers, I prefer the Omega applier to the Maitriya dev kit stuff. And good luck getting a kit to let you make mesh clothes, Maitriya's unwillingness to share is a big negative, imho

Well, I'm asking about them for tattoos... I have all the kits... but i guess ill just use the system avatar templates until i find something better. hahah. I mean they work... but like I have Genesis Lab templates FROM Genesis Lab. So the fit is SO much better. :/

• Like 1

There definitely is a kit available for clothing layers to make appliers;  just go to the store there is a sign with a link you click, it will get you to a web page, where you can apply for the kit.  I have had one for a long time now.  And they are pretty quick to respond as I recall.

• 1 month later...

if its non mesh stuff your making the dev kits is free at the maitreya store to make appliers or you can get the omega applier system free on mp

as for templates there loads on mp full perm ones where you can alter the design etc in photoshop just look in apparel clothing textures on market place

:)

• 1 year later...

I wish people would quit telling this questioner "You don;t need the UV template for Photoshop for the Maitreya Body." A designer who is savvy with Photoshop knows what they need and why; here is one reason I myself want one: To see exactly where the Maitreya alpha layers separate exactly, while designing clothing using the UV template. I want to see where to cut off things such as shirt sleeves, stockings, etc and it would be nice to align the cut off point with the alpha separation. If there IS a UV template for the Maitreya body (And Slink and others, for that matter, I sure would like to know about it. Why? Because I want one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 4:15 PM, angelbaby143 said:

I wish people would quit telling this questioner "You don;t need the UV template for Photoshop for the Maitreya Body." A designer who is savvy with Photoshop knows what they need and why; here is one reason I myself want one: To see exactly where the Maitreya alpha layers separate exactly, while designing clothing using the UV template. I want to see where to cut off things such as shirt sleeves, stockings, etc and it would be nice to align the cut off point with the alpha separation. If there IS a UV template for the Maitreya body (And Slink and others, for that matter, I sure would like to know about it. Why? Because I want one.

For applier clothing, you don't need to worry about the alpha cuts as appliers go directly on to the tat/underwear/clothing layer. You only have to worry about the alpha settings if you are doing mesh clothing. Appliers will either use the body-specific applier hub or an Omega hud to place the texture on the body so the alpha cuts don't come into play. 

Skin, though it uses the SLUV template, is a bit different as the bodies all have the nipples and umbilicus in slightly different places and the Maitreya uses a different map for the fingernails. Same for the mesh heads. Though most Bento heads and some of the static heads are Omega compatible and use the SLUV map, there is a difference around the eyes and you can get some pulling of the skin there.

Hope that helps.

13 minutes ago, Bobbie Faulds said:

For applier clothing, you don't need to worry about the alpha cuts as appliers go directly on to the tat/underwear/clothing layer. You only have to worry about the alpha settings if you are doing mesh clothing.

I think the point that someone above was trying to make is that they didn't want their tattoos (or socks etc) cut off with the alpha slots and so it would be better to know BEFORE HAND where they divisions were. One can always TEST of course but then redoing gets involved. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maitreya and TMP are the two bodies refusing to release mesh dev kits, cause the creators are stubborn you-know-whats not intelligent enough to see the benefit it brings if more artists can create models for their body. I know a dozen very talented creators who have been applying for the damn mesh kit since it was released, and still being rejected to this day. So if you're not already a well-known store with million-linden sales you can just forget about developing mesh clothes for it. Texture appliers I'm pretty sure is 0L in the store.

Edited by Suki Hirano

On 1/4/2018 at 6:49 PM, Suki Hirano said:

Maitreya and TMP are the two bodies refusing to release mesh dev kits, cause the creators are stubborn you-know-whats not intelligent enough to see the benefit it brings if more artists can create models for their body. I know a dozen very talented creators who have been applying for the damn mesh kit since it was released, and still being rejected to this day. So if you're not already a well-known store with million-linden sales you can just forget about developing mesh clothes for it. Texture appliers I'm pretty sure is 0L in the store.

Well it's not entirely true. I applied for a Maitreya body months ago, and within a week they responded and emailed the devkit. I guess they decide on a personal basis, looking at the marketplace store you work in first.

On 12/26/2017 at 5:04 PM, Chic Aeon said:

I think the point that someone above was trying to make is that they didn't want their tattoos (or socks etc) cut off with the alpha slots and so it would be better to know BEFORE HAND where they divisions were. One can always TEST of course but then redoing gets involved. 

In regard of this, the mesh devkit comes with a picture of the body, sliced with colors for the alpha cut positions. I guess the alphas should be marked on the UV templates as well, i can't really tell as i applied only for the mesh devkit. However i know for sure that the UVs use the same mapping as the default SL character, but the inner UVs are relaxed. Basically the default avatar's UVs are the result of simple planar mapping (Blender's Project from View), meant to help 2D flat editing, back then. However, as you all certainly know, the default avatar's side, shoulders and all those areas near the UV shell's boundary stretch quite sensibly, exactly for this reason. That's what makes the different bodies templates slightly different from one another when it comes to texturing on the templates. Key points such the belly button and the nipples weren't pinned into position like the shells' boundary edges, when the relaxation was applied. Also, each designer applied this relaxation arbitrarily and in different softwares, procedure that led to the general differences among the various bodies UV mapping and the classic avatar's.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2238 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.