Maitreya Lara mesh body desperate help needed

Solcu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there and thank you for your help before hand.

I have been away for a little and before leaving i bought the maitreya lara mesh body,but never got the chance to use it.

Now i am trying to see if i can manage it,i get it on and i have tried putting on clothes,some work,some don't,but my biggest problem now is that when i try to remove and outfit from my avatar with the mesh body on,the body dissapear and i dont know how to make it come back.

Help?

The two most common reason you have missing pieces are because you have alpha truned on for those parts or the part is no longer attached.  Sometimes the mesh can glitch when loading and can leave lagre patrs deformed or missing.  Most of the time this can be fixed by simply detaching and reataching the problem piece.

Let me just cover the bases here but ...

You are wearing the full body alpha, the Maitreya body, left hand, right hand and feet, correct?

Do you have the HUD attached?  Do you know how to toggle the alpha sections on the HUD?

Are you aware that you can not use system clothes with mesh bodies?

Do you know how to use appliers and wherre to turn these layers on and off with the HUD?.

I understand your frustration,  when I finally broke down and got a mesh body I got the Lara body.  It took reading the note card that came with it carefully, and then experimenting with using the hud to understand how to use it properly.  Understanding the layers and the alpha sections is really important for sucess using any mesh body and the note card does explain this pretty well.  

The best thing to do when something like you describe happens is to put the hud on, go to the alpha section and use the clear all button.  This takes any alpha section off.  And the body should appear.  Then go to the layers section and clear all the layers there..  Now you should be ok.

But having said that:  there is a bug in SL, that affects all viewers you might use,  and that bug actually detatches your body upon teleport (along with some other attachments sometimes) it doesn't happen all the time but it does happen sometimes.  When this happens you may or may not still see your body on your screen,  but others cannot see it, and it will look like you are wearing it in your inventory but you will not be able to detach it and put it back on as it won't come off..  the only cure for this issue is to relog and then put the body back on again.  

I hope this helps, if you are still having issues please feel free to IM me inworld and I will try to help if I can.

TAZZ

A tip for the detach...All objects default to attaching to your right hand. So, if you have 10 items attached, it seems the last few detach when you TP. Cure? Move the attachment point. 

With rigged mesh, it doesn't matter where you attach it, it will still show up properly. First thing to do with anything mesh is add it then see where it attached in your inventory. If it attaches to your right hand. Take it off then right click it in your inventory and chose attach to...You'll get a whole list of attachment point.s Mesh body works well on the avi center. Move pants/skirts to a hip or upper leg. Shirts and jackets, you can move to either pec or upper arm. Hair can be moved to skull, nose, left or right ear...anything like that. Since I've done that I've had almost no detachments on TP. 

As for the body, be sure you have the latest update if it wasn't auto delivered to you. Find a private place and experiment with the hud so you learn exactly what it does. If you're going to use applier clothing, be sure to get the Omega relay to increase the availability of clothing choices. Fortunately, the Maietreya is one of the easier ones for appliers since it asks you what layer you want an applier added to. Just remember that mesh bodies are old school for layers..like is was when I first joined SL...one applier per layer. So one tat, underclothes, shirt, pants per layer, unlike the default where you can apply up to 5 items per layer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.