Kudos for fashion???

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, overnight kudos have been enabled for fashion topics. :smileysurprised:

I feel more than reserved on this, fashion threads being vanity ones for the most. On which criterias kudos should be given? On the best tips for shopping on or highly subjective personal tastes? Discussion is open!

• Like 1

Kudos was enabled yesterday for the creation forum, which Fashion is a part of as it is now. See this post from Lexie Linden: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/Off-Topic-Forum-Issues/m-p/913363#M2792 

Fashion, as you say contains mostly vanity posts, would probably fit better in another forum than the Creation forum. As far as I recall, this was discussed in at least one CTUG meeting, and was probably also posted in Storm's category consolidation thread.

- Luc -

Luc Starsider wrote:

Kudos was enabled yesterday for the creation forum, which Fashion is a part of as it is now. See this post from Lexie Linden: 

Fashion, as you say contains mostly vanity posts, would probably fit better in another forum than the Creation forum. As far as I recall, this was discussed in at least one CTUG meeting, and was probably also posted in Storm's category consolidation thread.

- Luc -

Fashion should be under 'people'

Clothing, on the other hand should be under 'Content Creation' (at least in my humble opinion it should anyway).

• Like 1

I don't think Fashion forum should be moved anywhere else. Fashion is a huge part of all creations in SL. A big business!

But I also think Fashion forum should be used to talk about current trends, tips of getting what and where, controversial fashion topics.. etc. We already have 2 places for vanity threads, Your Avatar and that Art, Photography forum thingy.  Here's a few fashion topics that we could post in this forum.

!. Avant Garde, Cyberpunk, Steampunk... what's the difference?
2. Current Trend in RL for Summer, is it affecting SL too?
3. What Not to wear to a Church in SL?
4. 5 ways to wear your LBDs to get the SL man of your dream.
5. Why are we all so slutty?
6. Seriously, What's so special about Bax boots?
7. I'm not naked! I'm wearing the Emperor's clothes!!!
8. Men who goes unbuttoned or top naked in SL are just lazy buggers!
9. Men in SL are out fashioned - They think Metrosexual means having sex in the metro train!
10. Rockers and Bikers ... what are you trying to compensate in RL?
11. How flexible your flexible skirts ought to be before it becomes ridiculous?
12. Hi, Imma Mohican, can i wear loin cloths to a 1920 sims? I am wearing the appropriate clothes at that time.
13. How to match your AO to your Attires.
14. Glitch pants.. why not just use system skirt?
15. Hey guys, I'm using Shabby Chic wall textures for my latest gown. Do you think it would sell?

You see we have plenty of subjects to talk about and half of them will require minimal photo postings... people will learn more and possibly professional derailers and flaming experts will join in and bring it to a new height or downlow. So lets keep it here and lets give kudos to those who really has the knowledge to share.

• Like 1

Quickly glancing at the list, the topics seem to fit nicely into what Suella suggested above.

(Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread which is about kudos in the fashion forum. I just wanted to mention that kudos was enabled yesterday in creation, and that this was the reason kudos are available in the Fashion subcategory. Forum categories are discussed in plenty of other threads.)

- Luc -

To me "kudos" mean - "good answer!" or "That was helpful" (you see them sometimes in the answers section - but many people ask in the forums instead of answers) and in many of the threads in fashion it seems apropos - maybe not in a vanity thread - but if you find something for someone or help them mod an attachment... I can see its use.  I just don't take them seriously so am happy to hand them out when I feel like it.  Happy to get them once in awhile too but its really no big deal, I don't care about rank.

Edit for spelling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.