Kemono Clothes Making

DiM3NsIoN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, a lot depends on what type of clothing you want to make.  System clothing or Mesh,  either way you need a good program like photoshop, or some use the free one called gimp.  The basic files for system layers are made in a program like that first.  You can download the SL basic body files to work from, if you put body template files in search in this forum you will likely get a few options.  Then just upload those from your inventory files to your photoshop or gimp program,  and start experimenting.  If you are after mesh you either have to have a 3D mesh program like blender that you can make the actual mesh in, or you can search MP and find full perm templates to buy and use, and make the textures in your photoshop or gimp program.  

I am sure others will also offer suggestions,  but way back when I started most of it was about having good software like photoshop or gimp to do the textures and a lot of experimenting.

The short answer is going to be to learn 3D modeling and character animation. You will also need intermediate skills in 2D graphics, as Tazzie mentioned. I'm unfamiliar with Kemono other than knowing it's an unusually shaped mesh avatar, which means you will have far fewer resources available to you, even if you can buy full perm clothing and just texture it.

I would start with maybe clothing textures for full perm, non-Kemono clothes and work your way up to modeling and animation. But know that you are probably going to need to get there sooner than later.

loki Caeran wrote:

No you will not have to learn animation if you want to make mesh clothing. You will need to learn how to rig your outfit to the avatar body so that when you move the outfit moves with you. If you work in blender the avastar plug in will help you do this.

Which involves learning animation. Rigging is a part of character animation, and knowing anatomy and movement helps in modeling edgeflow. Plus you will likely need to animate your model to see how it moves and if it is properly rigged. So ya, you kinda do need to know how to animate.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.