Importing to Second Life Qs, textures, rigging, sizing

Amoralie Triellis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I've been on the newbie creator train for a little while now. I've learned a whole lot about blender, texturing, rigging, ect. But something is still wrong. I have a few questions.

1) when i first import to SL, no matter what I do no texture is appearing. I'm pretty sure I've checked off all of the right boxes in the export windows, and I can't find a comprehensive guide on how to import to SL

2) also, the skirt is not rigged at all, it just stays still even though when i pull the bones around in blender it reacts appropriately

3) another thing is sizing. I import the skirt and its way too small for my avatar, so i spend a while making it the right size within SL - is that a normal process? What measures can you take to ensure that when you import, it is going to be almost the perfect size, give or take. should i be worrying about S-M-L sizes, or just be creating one? 

I keep running into little hiccups that are driving me crazy! Its so hard to find resources for these little things online, so i'm trying to record them all on my blog so that myself and others can reference them in the future.

Really wish I had a mentor during this process, any help would be much appreciated!!

- Deli

wow I wish I could help you..  I have been designing in SL for almost 10 years and I still can't get my own mesh work into SL.. so you have gotten farther than I have..  and Kidos for your actually being able to use blender!!!  I am impressed..  I use ZBrush,  awesome modelling program but impossible to get it into the format SL requires for mesh..  tried taking it into blender as an obj and converting to .dae there,,  and what I end up with is no where near what I actually made lol..   So I kind of gave up and just buy .dae files or full perm mesh to work with:(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.