Hair fair

cloudnet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello to all! 
few weeks ago I saw a blog posts such as: 'all the hair fair 2016 gifts' and I didn't see anything that I liked from the gifts... now I see on now days blog posts really pretty hairs from the fair! 
how come no one posted these free hairs before? 
and is the hair fair 2016 still happening? because I can't find it
if not, is it possible to get the hairs as gifts now?

I posted a good many of them -- not all and that post was a top post for a very long time.

BUT not all hair of course from Hair Fair was FREE. It was sales event with a charity part to it. So it is likely you are seeing items that were for SALE at the event.

Next year, go yourself and find the free items and see what you like. Always the best plan.

The Free stuff is always AT THE EVENT, and only at the event, so if  you want the free stuff next time go to the fair.  I did what you did sccanned the blog then went to the fair and picked up only the two I liked.  Usually the free ones are not all that attractive so I generally skip those anyhow I don't collect them.  I used to in past years but then I ended up going home and opening them up trying them and deleting them one by one..  Guess I am very picky about hair lol.  

actually last year the freebies hair were in a great quality! and every store had a free gift. This year I agree that there were less free attractive hairs, but after all it's much appreciated that they even give us something for free :matte-motes-silly:

First try waiting until the second week. I went then and the sims were almost empty. They also have "cam" sims, where you can get in more easily and cam to the shops you want to shop.

Do join the Hair Fair demo group. You'll get almost all the demos as well notecards with the actual Slurl for the shops so you can map them and get a beacon to the shops you want to cam shop in. 

• 2 weeks later...

The hairs you saw were most likely for sale and not for free.

Gifts are normally exclusive to the event to bring people to the event and to creators stores. But in all honesty they are not that good (in my opinion) mostly because creators put the good items that they are confident will sell out.

So the freebies, if they were free gifts ; are most likely no longer available. If you see gifts, try to get them at the event while they are available.

Hope this helps.

The Amacci hair fair gift is now a group gift in their store.  The group is free to join :)  The style is Zip Duo and is a very cute up do with little buns.

I picked up almost all of the hair fair gifts, and found that although a few were not my style, all were well made and most included generous HUDs to change the colours and accessories.

It's a mistake that very few stores now make, to put out gifts of lower quality than full price items.  We know that freebies are one of the best marketing tools in SL, and whilst there will always be people who pick up the gifts and never shop, we still have to showcase our products to the best of our ability.  I would NEVER put out a gift that wasn't good enough to sell, and no more would any merchants I know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.