Formal/Evening/Ballroom Gowns

GypsyNite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have done my due dilligence, before coming here to bother ppl, and looked so many places for a gown in the subject line, that has a demo available. I have a Lena body, so I need either a dress compatible with her or Omega. I can find TONS of of dresses, but very few with demos. I cannot spend $1000 or even $200 on something without trying it on. Anyone can point me to a store or two please. I would greatly appreciate it, I have a formal event this weekend and have been looking for 6 hours. Thanks!! 

You might have difficulty finding what you are looking for. It is usually rigged mesh that has demos and when dealing with a Lena body (at least the Lush) you are unlikely to be able to wear rigged mesh. Or at least not without hiding your body and getting rid of the Lena shape anyway. Most outfits with appliers are not rigged mesh and therefore no appliers.

Not really a direct answer sorry. I have had similar hesitation buying things for mesh bodies.

Boo....not the answer that I was looking for, but thanks so much anyway for taking the time to answer. I guess I could just go back to my old body until the event is over, or adjust Lena. I mean I have found some demos with Omega appliers, but the dress was not desirable and one was $3000...yikes. Thanks again.

Its a shame I didnt see this before and I guess its too late now for that formal.

I have same problem (but I havent gone to using OMEGA yet....thats another learning curb for later, for me).

I too insist on getting demo before spending over L$250.  Sometimes I message a designer/store owner and ask if they have demo.  Usually I get good reposes, like no...but the model is Lara or other people with Lara have been successful with this dress.  thats all I want to know. One place offered money back if dissatisfied.

Once I find a line of clothes that fit...I usually return to shop there too.

Another place I look is in flickr/blogs that mention clothes for Maitreya Lara. Shopping in the marketplace is good too. I look for the Maitreya logo. But remember that not all Maitreya products fit the Lara model. 

Ive found a few gowns and some I already owned and use the alpha hud to alter and fit my Lara body  :)

Bikinis are another problem. I only got one that really fits nicely.....Im still looking for these. 

Last week I bought a gown from Wild Orchid. It was one the Lara model was displaying. I changed and had to learn how to use 'applies'   which I soon understood .  But then when came time to undress....I couldnt get rid of that layer. I tried different outfits but the gown underlayer remained.  (I looked so funny in bikini top and shorts with floral 'long johns' under them!).  I couldnt figure out HOW to remove them. If I changed back to 'old avi' it was fine. Eventually I messaged store owner and she said....open the Maitreya hud and close the layer option. Wella...it was gone, like magic. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.