Flagged items?

BabySparkles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have made a outfit with a set of different colors and it was removed for *forgot the word* but anyways. They thought that I copied a outfit from rl world. Which I did not. All I did was put Minnie on the front of the shirt.. I have seen so MANY people do the same.. Why did this happen? Can I get this fixed or not be flagged again? I did not copy any store just a picture off of a shirt that I have found.. Unless that is considered something? I am really new at making clothes. I have stopped at doing them but I was getting pretty good sales on it..

BabySparkles wrote:

All I did was put Minnie on the front of the shirt.. I have seen so MANY people do the same..

As I used to work for © Disney and know the veracity of their desire to protect their intellectual property I can only think you were lucky to only have the item removed and not be thrown into a legal case.

They are mean as heck over their property and go after people who 'steal' it in a very vicious way.

As to why your's was flagged and there are others that were not, © Disney have not seen it yet.

Please, log into the SL website and do the Mesh test in your account area. It explains a lot.

Mickey Mouse ©, Minnie Mouse ©, Goofy ©, Pluto © and allt he rest are not your property to use. They belong to © Disney and they have the sole rights to decide who and how these characters are used.

It's a multi billion dollar property, 11 Billion a year when I was there.

You just can't rip a picture from the internet , even it if is not Disney. You can't use someone else's work without their permission, and especially not when you are using it to sell things.  You are stealing the IP rights of the person that owns them.  How would you feel if someone ripped your products off and sold them without giving you a penny or even asking if it was OK?

You have to go to the web site the picture is on and see if it is available under a license, in many cases pay for the image or give them a percentage of what you make selling them.  Some creators will let you use it for free, others will give you a license with specific terms they require that you follow, such as giving them credit on  your listing or including it in the sales package.

If it doesn't have licensing information you have to contact the person who owns the rights to the image and explain what you want it for including the fact you are selling the clothes and ask if you can use it.  They may deny your request or grant it under a license.

You will not be able to relist your items or even legally sell them in world.  You can however change the textures to original textures or textures you buy or get permission to use then sell them under a different name.  As a previous poster said, you are lucky all that happened was they were removed from the MP and you didn't face a RL law suit or get banned or suspended from SL by LL.

It also doesn't matter if other people are doing it,  That doesn't make it right.  The other people just haven't been caught - yet.

You stole from a rl creator basically. Just because other people do it doesn't mean you should. What you can do if your looking for drawings and things to put on your shirts is look up public domain images. There are many images that are pretty popular that have gone into public domain. The original (not disney's) alice in wonderland is one of them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.