Fitting nipple rings / piercings

Tihani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I found these old threads about this subject showing up in Google but nothing current.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/Why-do-my-nipple-piercings-show-up-above-and-to-the-side-of-my/qaq-p/2909952

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/General/Why-can-t-I-attach-nipple-rings/qaq-p/685843

The answers here are a little misleading and incomplete anyway, so I thought I would provide information based on my own experience:

1. Nipple rings or piercings do not attach to the pec attachment points - you will find they will float all around the nipple instead of being attached to it.  Instead, nipple attachments must be attached to the spine.  They will then appear inside the avatar and at the same point and will need to be Edit > Moved to the nipples using Move & Rotate.

2. A lot of unhelpful advice there about how to then find your nipple ring inside your avatar.  To locate any prim you have 'Added' to your avatar but is hard to see, simply right-click > Edit it INSIDE YOUR INVENTORY and the Edit > Move arrows will immediately appear in-world, and you can move the object on your avatar without needing to 'cam inside' and all those tricky things I also used to do before I knew better!

3. Confirming that, as far as I know, there is no way to wear nipple piercings convincingly with breast physics that has more than the most minimal breast movement.  I am sure developers will be able to fix this eventually.  It's a lot like the problem of nails floating in space when a pose causes your hand to close - but for example, in some mesh avatars such as the Kemono anime avatar, there has been some progress with that issue...  but I don't think yet with the nipple piercing / breast physics issue.

Tihani wrote:

3. Confirming that, as far as I know, there is no way to wear nipple piercings convincingly with breast physics that has more than the most minimal breast movement.  I am sure developers will be able to fix this eventually.  It's a lot like the problem of nails floating in space when a pose causes your hand to close - but for example, in some mesh avatars such as the Kemono anime avatar, there has been some progress with that issue...  but I don't think yet with the nipple piercing / breast physics issue.

False, do more research before coming up with conclusions please:

Lots of fitted mesh small accessories like piercings and pasties

I personally own this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Misha-J-Nipple-Rings-III/6773579. It's rigged to absolute perfection. Every slider value from 0 all the way to 100 works for this piercings, and the boob physics work amazingly. Normally I wouldn't pay 275L for a mesh model that looked like it took no more than 20min to make, but the rigging is just perfect. No idea how she managed to do it since Maitreya refuses to release a dev kit, unless of course she knows Maitreya creator personally and snatched one.

However I agree it's very, very difficult to rig small accessories like this. There are no guides on the web at all, since I've done months of research and still can't get it to work. I even contacted the support team at Avastar and they're clueless as well. The weighting is very tricky to get right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.