Fitted Mesh?

Amoralie Triellis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'm interested in creating maternity clothes, generally ones that will be long dresses with long sleeves - so they will cover the entire body aside from the head, hands, and potentially feet.

I want to create at least 3 different sizes of the belly to use as the baby grows.

Is fitted mesh necessary for something like this? How would it even work, considering it is a pregnant belly and wouldn't be fitted to the character's belly slider.

I guess I'm confused because the mesh would still need to scale for something like height, arm length, ect - but everything else would remain static and would take the shape of the mesh.

I'm definitely new at this. I know I will need to create the mesh over the avastar character, but as far as rigging it and getting it to look right and or scale when i import - thats where I could use some guidance.

Thanks for your help!

- Deli 

• 1 month later...

Regular rigged mesh - react only to 1/4 of body sliders. I.e., it will not react to goodies like "belly", "breasts", "leg muscle" or "butt"

Fitted rigged mesh - react to all body sliders. Required for clothing made for mesh bodies since the bodies themselves are fitted mesh

If you want the tummy portion of your dress to react to tummy sliders then yes you need fitted mesh. Of course since fitted mesh looks 10x better it's also 10x harder to rig (properly). No pain no gain I guess.

Looking better doesn't have to mean it has a higher quality model or better textures. It looks better because if properly rigged, it'll fit you like a glove, and supports all sliders, especially breasts, butt, torso muscles and leg muscles which are the main ones that everyone plays around with. Rigged mesh = everyone looking exactly the same, because you need to adapt your body to the clothing, not the other way around.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Fitted rigged mesh - react to
all
body sliders.

Except for the head's shape sliders. You can change only the overall size of the head, nothing else.

So mesh head users are stuck with what the creator has created.

This is good to know about fitted mesh when considering getting full mesh avatar or mesh head.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.