Fashion Blogs on Blogger

JoJo Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I did a search for this subject but didn't get results.  If you have a fashion blog on Google Blogger, it is no longer going to be an open source. In otherwords, you have to buy a domain, decide where to host it. There are integration tools, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep my blog running. The cost of the domain is $12 a year, the hosting info is a bit vague, and maybe someone else can unravel this. I wanted fashion bloggers to know that their blogs will become read only. Here is the info:

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html

Thanks Niall Braveheart. Any clarification is helpful. I did find this.

"Google Code's shutdown does not affect Blogger directly. But, if you add 3rd party customizations to your templates, you should be aware of how this can impact your work."  Also things like: Pinterest hover button, a scrolling popular posts widget, etc.

Read this as well http://www.codeitpretty.com/2015/03/how-google-code-shutdown-can-affect.html

It depends on if they have code in their design templates. It's worth making sure your blog isn't impacted. I have code on one of mine that needs to go.

One last thing, they're pushing for domain names. When I log in now, it immediately asks me about picking a domain. I current have one on one site, all of $10 a year, as long as you keep current, otherwhise off it goes to GoDaddy and to renew can cost up to $200 a year. Currently it'ss $12 a year. I might jump on this for my other two blogs just incase I need to host elsewhere. I'm not overly confident with Google since they've closed some useful apps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.