Clothes for Maitreya Body

LuxCross

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been looking for Maitreya suitable clothes. I've found a lot of them but not all of them are my taste or sometimes they don't seem to fit my shape regardless if I wear fitmesh for maitreya or not. 

I might've missed some stores however. What're the best fashion stores around SL that sell maitreya fitmesh clothing?

Good question!  I don't know about anyone else, but I just have to look for them either on MP or look in search and any store that says they sell clothes for Maitreya.  I don't think there is a list readily available. 

I know that some of my newer mesh fashions are made from templates that tell me there is a size for Maitreya, and I test the finished product out before I put them on the market for sale.  (I use Maitreya body but I use my own shape as well).

Some clothes that are "made for Maitreya" don't fit. You are right there. Many skills go into making fitmesh clothes and like everything else available for purchase, some are better than others. Many standard size clothes fit fine if you are a fairly normal size. If you are one of those gals with big boobs or buttock then the only real way to tell -- an honestly it is that way for all of us -- is to try the demos. That is why there ARE demos. If you find a brand that works for you -- assuming it is original mesh and not folks making things from various templates and various designers -- then that might be the brand to stick with.

Easiest method would be to search for Maitreya clothes on the marketplace, get the free demos and just keep trying. Note that some folks are advertising things for Maitreya that are not really. So that figures into the mix.

Good luck!  

LuxCross wrote:

I've been looking for Maitreya suitable clothes. I've found a lot of them but not all of them are my taste or sometimes they don't seem to fit my shape regardless if I wear fitmesh for maitreya or not. 

I might've missed some stores however. What're the best fashion stores around SL that sell maitreya fitmesh clothing?

These are the designers Maitreya is listing on their web site:

http://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/maitreya-mesh-body-developers.html

Bear in mind that to really do a good job of making clothes for a fitted mesh body you need to have access to the "weights" that the body maker uses so that the clothes react to the sliders the same way the body does. From what I've heard Maitreya gives this information to fewer developers than some other body makers do.  The designers I know of that make Lara-compatible clothing that's consistently accurate enough that I'd assume they have the actual weights would be Addams, Blueberry, Erratic, Neve (ColdLogic) and Zaara (along with Maitreya themselves, of course.) There are probably others as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Bear in mind that to really do a good job of making clothes for a fitted mesh body you need to have access to the "weights" that the body maker uses so that the clothes react to the sliders the same way the body does. From what I've heard Maitreya gives this information to fewer developers than some other body makers do.

They do indeed. Fortunately quite a few independent developers, including at least one full perm tmplate makers, seem to have figured out the weights by tehmselves now so the selection isn't nearly as restricted as it was.

But the Golden Rule of Mesh Clothes still applies:

No Demo = No sale

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I always make sure I try on a demo. I only wear Maitreya clothes that fit well. I only ever shop at Blueberry, Kenny Rolands, E-Clipse D, Addams, Some of Yeliz clothes fit great but not all, Just Because, Dead Dollz.

I'm really fussy when it comes to clothes so it's hard for me also to find different stores that have clothes that fit great!

MOoH! is pretty good too.

I have my own shape as well, but it's relatively average, and proportional, so I don't run into many creators that don't have the fit down right. I also don't shop that much. But, a lot depends on your personal tastes. For more resque' , revealing, or on the border of such clothing, odds are pretty good you'll find a lot more. There are still a lot out there that make great clothes. I will echo the need for demo trying on. I'm a bit picky about my clothes, most especially *because I don't change them often, lol. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.